FullRes IRs vendors or packs ?

Raimondas

Hi,

I only know what its possible to get FullRes IR's from ValhallIR and few demo ones which YA provided, where can i buy any more of them or find for free ? could someone please let me know where did you get any of them from :)

Reactions: hmj
Hi,

I only know what its possible to get FullRes IR's from ValhallIR and few demo ones which YA provided, where can i buy any more of them or find for free ? could someone please let me know where did you get any of them from :)
Hi, most of our existing V2-series cab packs have been updated with the 1370ms IRs.
So, if you already have bought one of our cab packs, look at your account, the 1370 ms folders are free to download for existing customers.

Cheers,
Andy from Valhallir

Am assuming ownhammers are already fullres capable.
But either way would like a rundown of which companies have updated their cabs to FR as well as which are selling new packs as FR.

Although I will say I don't even think they are necessary for good audio coming out of this rack.

But what is the deal with full res? Is it supposed to provide the potential for longer reverberation in those few reverb parameters in the cab block? (Which are pretty amazingly improved too by the way).

Last edited:
Am assuming ownhammers are already fullres capable.
But either way would like a rundown of which companies have updated their cabs to FR as well as which are selling new packs as FR.

Although I will say I don't even think they are necessary for good audio coming out of this rack.

But what is the deal with full res? Is it supposed to provide the potential for longer reverberation in those few reverb parameters in the cab block? (Which are pretty amazingly improved too by the way).
FullRes IRs are longer than what we could previously use in our Fractals. I think the current length of UltraRes IRs is around 180-200ms, whereas the FullRes IRs can go up to something like 1.3 seconds. You'd use those as Room mics to gradually blend with your primary IR for a little natural room ambience. You don't need to mix in very much and it can give you a pretty convincing "amp in the room" experience when using headphones. Look for Room L and R captures and pan them hard left and right to get the full effect.

To my knowledge, I think OH's IR lengths max out at 500ms. You could still use those files in FullRes for a half-second room decay, so try it and see what you think. FullRes files need to be imported into the FullRes Cab bank and can only be used in slots 3 and 4 in the Cab block.

I hope this helps.
-Justin

FullRes IRs are longer than what we could previously use in our Fractals. I think the current length of UltraRes IRs is around 180-200ms, whereas the FullRes IRs can go up to something like 1.3 seconds. You'd use those as Room mics to gradually blend with your primary IR for a little natural room ambience. You don't need to mix in very much and it can give you a pretty convincing "amp in the room" experience when using headphones. Look for Room L and R captures and pan them hard left and right to get the full effect.

To my knowledge, I think OH's IR lengths max out at 500ms. You could still use those files in FullRes for a half-second room decay, so try it and see what you think. FullRes files need to be imported into the FullRes Cab bank and can only be used in slots 3 and 4 in the Cab block.

I hope this helps.
-Justin
When using a FullRes with a regular IR, should we care about the FullRes being in phase, especially room FullRes IRs since they're really supposed to be adding ambiance?

When using a FullRes with a regular IR, should we care about the FullRes being in phase, especially room FullRes IRs since they're really supposed to be adding ambiance?
FullRes IRs should be in phase with your regular IR, but you don’t want to use minimum phase FullRes files because they won’t have the space at the front of IR (the time it takes for sound to reach the room mics).

Back
Top Bottom