Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.03 Release

I built a Fuzz Face back in the '90s with generic, Mouser supplied Ge transistors of the type required by the schematic. FF circuits are particularly sensitive to the Hfe of the transistors, and can really sound great or horrible or anywhere in between depending on the two transistors' relative Hfe. Mine sounded meh until the battery started to die, and the thing started biasing itself into the zone, and it sounded F***ING AMAZING. I'd save all my 9V batteries from other gear so that I would have a supply of almost-dead batteries to feed the thing....
This is why ya put a bias knob on the outside of the pedal ala “sun dial” so you can dial in the voltage going to Q2. ;-)

Can someone double check to output on the Horizon Device Precision Drive pedal? After A/B test between the model and the real thing it seems like the level is low on the modelled unit. Testing was done on the current firmware. Thank you for the amazing new update and the easter egg pedal FAS

Sorry to ask this. I am on 20.0 currently, When I upgrade to 20.03 will I have to make a selection to accept latest impedance curves? Or will it auto write over the old versions?

I read n the last release notes that a selection must be turned on to auto write over the previous curves.
The default is ON.

I've got to take nmy hat off to you guys, my attitude was; we've got a ton of drive pedals on the Axe, what's so great about this one?
Having trIed it, the Klone is excellent.
Withe Bassman drive low, there's still a nice boost at zero and when the drive on the Klon is set high, it's as if the drive on the Bassman itself has been turned up, so I get what you've been saying about the pedal melding with the amp's character.

@FractalAudio
You've learnt a few things modelling the Klon.
Does this mean it may result in changes to the drive modelling in general, or possibly may herald the creation of some more, quite unique, Fractal drives?

I've got to take nmy hat off to you guys, my attitude was; we've got a ton of drive pedals on the Axe, what's so great about this one?
Having trIed it, the Klone is excellent.
Withe Bassman drive low, there's still a nice boost at zero and when the drive on the Klon is set high, it's as if the drive on the Bassman itself has been turned up, so I get what you've been saying about the pedal melding with the amp's character.

@FractalAudio
You've learnt a few things modelling the Klon.
Does this mean it may result in changes to the drive modelling in general, or possibly may herald the creation of some more, quite unique, Fractal drives?
We have 20.03 because Cliff found some improvements for the drive block. The changes are already here.

Klone model also works well into my external stuff also (H+K Deluxe, Blackstr HT, Strymon Iridium)

👍👍

Last edited:
Different batterys even taste different! Just try a alkaline and a zinc one with the tip of your tongue on the connection side. Zinc smell very well structured with a breath of citrus and vanille in the back.
Before I could afford to carry a second multimeter, that was how I tested batteries....

If the power supply keeps the specified voltage stable
9V - 12V - or the anode voltage is 450 V, then there should be no problem
The anode voltage would require a separate presentation!
Then it doesn't matter what the brand is!
The point is that the load, which can be measured in Ampere, does not suck the voltage!
In other words, keep the specified voltage stable!
The set working point of the circuits is shifted if the voltage fluctuates!
Anyway, a new battery, not 9V, but as the example shows, 9.75V.
Now, if I connect this element to the gadget, it doesn't get 9V in the first place!
Well, I won't argue anymore!
But... but... What if 6 turned out to be 9? Would you mind? Would you mind?

Back
Top Bottom