Saving CPU using Plex Delay instead of Reverb Block.

Lodeman

After changing the reverb block with a plex delay I can have all blocks I need!

In order to save CPU in the plex block itself, I've used the Melting Delays preset with a reduced number of Delays (4 dlys). It saved around 7% cpu!

I also had to keep the delay times the same on every channel in order to avoid strange noises when changing beetwen them.

My preset now has 2 delays, 2 comps, 5 modulations: rotary, phaser, envelope filter, tremolo and chorus (pitch detune). Actually I could dial a pitch detune very close to the Dimension 1, so no need for the chorus block.

There are 4 "reverbs" (Ch ABCD).
From a VERY short A to a Cloud type on Ch D.

Attachments

• IMG-20220720-WA0032.jpg
    IMG-20220720-WA0032.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 54
  • PLEXDLY REVERB.blk
    1.2 KB · Views: 36
The latest firmware killed a few of my presets that were already borderline on CPU usage and I've started to use the Plex block for reverb in a couple of them that I couldn't bring down enough in other ways. Thanks for sharing your block!

Save even more CPU by using the Multi-Delay on Mono Diffuser, lowering Master Time to suit.

It gives a vintage digital reverb vibe, think Ursa Major Space Station'ish.

This can save roughly 3 to 9 percent CPU vs the Plex-Delay.

Last edited:
Save even more CPU by using the Multi-Delay on Mono Diffuser, lowering Master Time to suit.

It gives a vintage digital reverb vibe, think Ursa Major Space Station'ish.

This can save roughly 3 to 9 percent CPU vs the Plex-Delay.
I tried the Multidelay but could not get what I needed. Mainly for short reverb types.

As an "always on" type of reverb doesn't worked for me. For ambient stuff is pretty good though. But I will try it again!! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom