Let's see those FM9 rigs!

What type of board is that?
It's home-made. 3/8" plywood with a couple triangular feet to angle it upwards. All the devices are attached with screws through the bottom of the board. The board is covered with old Ampeg "blue check" tolex. It's got a pair of black metal handles on each side to make it easy to lift. I found an old keyboard gig back that fits it perfectly, with room for cables :)

https://www.redco.com/CT-LPXLR-3M-K...DjFbqdX4TU-JzoTDEBdnzpWl6Z-HGypBoCBvgQAvD_BwE

And Mogami balanced cable. (Edit: 2552) You can do it yourself or have them make it for you.

If you’re using a temple board and need to run them through the board, make the cables yourself.
Heads-up Temple Audio board owners:

Temple Audio makes XLR (F/F; F/M; M/M) modules that install on this sides of the Temple boards. Because my FRFR108s use male connectors (the XLR plug at the FRFR is male; conversely, the XLR plug at the Temple board is female), hence, my Temple Audio board utilizes a dual male XLR module. Underneath the board, dual ¼" TRS > F XLR cable is also supplied with the module purchase.

IIRC eBay & Sweetwater (check for available stock)) sell these modules. They're not cheap ($99 and up, depending on where you purchase), but the make for a more streamlined and efficient-looking board. Here's an older pic of what I used for my former FM3...

sVevJzR.jpg

I like the FM9 used with 6 extra switches as shown in picture on the previous page and plan to get a FC6 when my FM9 number comes up.
Simple set up without having to worry about using only 6-9 switches and remembering where I am on the board.

Does anyone know, if when hooked together, this set up will display like a FC12?

Heads-up Temple Audio board owners:

Temple Audio makes XLR (F/F; F/M; M/M) modules that install on this sides of the Temple boards. Because my FRFR108s use male connectors (the XLR plug at the FRFR is male; conversely, the XLR plug at the Temple board is female), hence, my Temple Audio board utilizes a dual male XLR module. Underneath the board, dual ¼" TRS > F XLR cable is also supplied with the module purchase.

IIRC eBay & Sweetwater (check for available stock)) sell these modules. They're not cheap ($99 and up, depending on where you purchase), but the make for a more streamlined and efficient-looking board. Here's an older pic of what I used for my former FM3...

sVevJzR.jpg

This post confused the hell out of me. I looked up the XLR Module and realize what you’re saying now. And I can see how it’s somewhat difficult to explain concisely lol.

Basically you plug the XLR end of the included XLR to TRS cable into your FM9’s XLR output. Run the TRS end through the holes on the board and to the TRS jacks on the back of the XLR Mod. You can then run from the XLR mod to your FRFR or whatever.

Pretty cool.

I like the FM9 used with 6 extra switches as shown in picture on the previous page and plan to get a FC6 when my FM9 number comes up.
Simple set up without having to worry about using only 6-9 switches and remembering where I am on the board.

Does anyone know, if when hooked together, this set up will display like a FC12?
The FC6(!) will work seamlessly with the FM9(!) so no worries there. I’ve actually done that.

Last edited:
Reactions: C-4
No, it won't display like an FC-12... Because the FM9 will always have 9 buttons, whether you use them or not.

Each device uses a layout and those are not linked.

Curious - why do you care if it looks like an FC-12?

This post confused the hell out of me. I looked up the XLR Module and realize what you’re saying now. And I can see how it’s somewhat difficult to explain concisely lol.

Basically you plug the XLR end of the included XLR to TRS cable into your FM9’s XLR output. Run the TRS end through the holes on the board and to the TRS jacks on the back of the XLR Mod. You can then run from the XLR mod to your FRFR or whatever.

Pretty cool.
Yup. Glad you took the time to check out the modules.

Underneath the board on the inside of the TA dual (M) XLR Module there is are two ¼" jacks that connects via supplied ¼" TRS > (F) XLR cable to your FM9. The (F) XLR plug from that cable connects to your FM9. The TA dual (M) XLR module allows you to connect to stereo FRFRs.

Connecting the cable does not require routing the TA board; it merely requires feeding the ¼" TRS plug through the larger access holes to the module.

Here's some pics to view what's utilized better....the supplied ¼" TRS > (F) XLR cable is about 10" - 12"; plenty to reach from the FM9's output jacks to the right side where your module would be...(the 2nd module is M & F XLR, in case someday I'd connect a extra FRFR or FC6/12 unit...)

XVVAzN1.jpg

NwC1rUT.jpg

axusAJO.jpg

Last edited:
The idea was for it to be all self-contained. Pop the cover, cable to the poweramp/wedge/FOH or whatever. The powers cord and XLR coil up nicely in the void at the upper left. I need to shorten the cable between the wireless and FM9; that's a carryover from when my FM3 was in here.
PXL_20220729_222614907.jpg

No, it won't display like an FC-12... Because the FM9 will always have 9 buttons, whether you use them or not.

Each device uses a layout and those are not linked.

Curious - why do you care if it looks like an FC-12?
I was wondering if that’s what was being asked but I wasn’t sure lol

Back
Top Bottom