Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.02 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/20p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_20p02_beta1.zip

Had an epiphany yesterday. This is the result.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved speaker impedance curve fitting algorithm. This results in more accurate and more “colorful” modeling as the previous algorithm tended to damp box resonances somewhat. All the speaker impedance curves have been updated using the new routine. This does not affect existing presets. To load the new curve, select a different curve and then reselect the original curve.

Added 4x12 Lerxst Omega speaker impedance curve.

Added 1x12 Deluxe Oxford speaker impedance curve.

Added 4x12 Hipower Pete T speaker impedance curve.

Added 4x12 USA Semi-Open speaker impedance curve.

Added 2x12 Dizzy RV speaker impedance curve.
clock.gif

To get the illusive "feel" I'm always after, bumping a couple amp parameters always helped but sometimes at a loss of clarity. This firmware seems to greatly help in that area.

The Axe Fx is a very inspiring piece of equipment, but the commitment to perfection by FAS is just as inspiring. Thanks Cliff!!!

LOVING The Two Rock Jet 35 PAB with the new Two Stone Speaker Impedance Curve and the matching Factory cabs, Bank 2, #127 - 145. This slew of Speaker Impedance Curves is a big deal to me; they're as powerful as an IR, in my book.

To me it's not important to dwell too much on real world accuracy, but I have never gotten to play a real Two Rock rig, and it's really fun just to try this stuff just as it would be in the real world, and to see what it inspires in me. The one thing I always have to do for my guitar is just to crank the cab smoothness. This decreases accuracy in that one way, but, well, something about my playing, my guitar...I don't know, it just needs it. For anything serious, I would tweak more, but just having the ability to start with this kind of accuracy is such a damn privilege; it makes me feel like I'm making up for a lifetime of pining after gear. And I can still tweak it to hell and back to make it my own, just right for my style. I'm really loving both Two Rock models, and scrolling through the matching cabs with the new matching impedance curve, it's really something special. Since I'm ludicrous about riding my volume and tone knobs, I'm finding all sorts of shades of warmth with this combination.
I never even tried this amp, didn't even know it was in here. I play mainly high gain stuff but this example you put out here is amazing. Thank you for pointing it out! Threw a little sun plate reverb with a quad delay on it and wow!

Yup. When cleaning the any storage area, only bring back what’s necessary. It’s better than removing what’s unnecessary. It’s our nature, to conserve.

I was just thinking before I checked this forum how amazing is the depth of support and general innovation from the Fractal team. As amazing as the physical devices are (so far, I have owned an AX8. an FM9 and AxeFX II, III, MkII and now Turbo) the amount of intelligence and caring that manifests through the device is even more astonishing. I have enough trouble trying to twiddle my fingers properly without getting into the depths of programming. I feel so fortunate to have this wealth of playable and easily tweakable tones and effects at my disposal. Gratitude!

Very weird potential bug:

I'm using the Plexi 6CA7, which I'm always using, and scrolling through speaker impedance curves, playing a loop of my dry guitar, with the Cab Block on Factory Bank 2, #382 4x12 Angle 57 D1 ML. If I select the 4x12 Recto Small Speaker Impedance Curve, the volume starts to fade after a few seconds, and maybe after ten seconds there's just silence!

Another potential bug:

On Cab Block Factory Bank 2, #411, the name of the IR changes to "1:", in green, although it should be "4x12 AX GB 313 D", in purple. Also, the volume jumps massively.
Doesn't do that here. Your FLASH may have become corrupted. Contact support and they'll send you instructions on how to reload the factory IRs.

Or you use the tool in AxeEdit to reapply the selected impedance curve for a bunch of presets, did that discard any curve customizations you've done with the controls?

My guess is yes, haven't checked.

@craiguitar yes craig... First the "speaker drive", then the "thump", now the "curve"... everytime it is 400 corrections when you manage 170 presets . But if you dont do it and wait, you are dead .
Imagine the time changing all the 3 new features at the same time, like they will probably do for their factory presets ... no way . globally I play 10 minutes with the axe, and then spend 3 hours doing shit like that . but hey , that's the game if you want to have good presets .

@craiguitar yes craig... First the "speaker drive", then the "thump", now the "curve"... everytime it is 400 corrections when you manage 170 presets . But if you dont do it and wait, you are dead .
Imagine the time changing all the 3 new features at the same time, like they will probably do for their factory presets ... no way . globally I play 10 minutes with the axe, and then spend 3 hours doing shit like that . but hey , that's the game if you want to have good presets .
Oh, I agree, it’s time well spent, I have a similar number of working presets. Maybe the RSI and carpal tunnel from all those mouse moves/clicks will pay off!

Last edited:
Yes please 😅

Cheers 🍻

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/20p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_20p02_beta1.zip

Had an epiphany yesterday. This is the result.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved speaker impedance curve fitting algorithm. This results in more accurate and more “colorful” modeling as the previous algorithm tended to damp box resonances somewhat. All the speaker impedance curves have been updated using the new routine. This does not affect existing presets. To load the new curve, select a different curve and then reselect the original curve.

Added 4x12 Lerxst Omega speaker impedance curve.

Added 1x12 Deluxe Oxford speaker impedance curve.

Added 4x12 Hipower Pete T speaker impedance curve.

Added 4x12 USA Semi-Open speaker impedance curve.

Added 2x12 Dizzy RV speaker impedance curve.
Fractal and their CEO Cliff must be commended for continuing to support and upgrade a mature product. Most companies do not continue to refine and upgrade their existing products. They always want you to buy their new stuff, and I understand that. I will be first in line for an AXE FX IV, BUT, it is that constant devotion to improving their products, even existing ones, that turns me on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom