Piezo - PRS vs EBMM

Hmm....maybe I'll grab these and give them a go. I have the Taylor614 and Martin45 (I think those are them)....and not liking the results.
I have those same packs with thin phasey results too . The J45 is much better for my rig 👍

I have those same packs with thin phasey results too . The J45 is much better for my rig 👍
Ok, good to hear that I'm not crazy (and you've had the same result with the Taylor and Martin).
I'll grab the J45 today and give it a run. Hey...it's only 10 bucks.

I use the studio compressor after the cab block it helps a lot.

You can also use scenes to set different levels on input block 2. I like the piezo loud on clean scenes and low on edge of breakup tones.. and almost off for solo and drive scenes.

I didn't realize the magnitude of love for piezo here hahah. So some of ya'll are not taking out your piezo electrics around the campfire? :D Maybe I'm fortunate as I don't hear the quack in my JP15's piezo that plagues many piezo equipped guitars. @Brucegregori I know what you mean, the JP15 is a lot of guitar and sometimes I wish it was a bit simpler. That being said its a finely crafted instrument and it plays beautifully. I too, wasn't a fan of the mag pickups despite being a Petrucci fan. I did swap out the pups. I was considering selling it and maybe picking up PRS HBII Piezo and have extra cash in my pocket. The idea still floating around but I'm not sure what I'll end up doing. I'm not in any rush. After picking up a Charvel I find the 'shredder' superstrat box ticked very well and thought the PRS Hollowbody might offer a different flavor /vintage style with the piezo for when I like mixing it with my clean signal for that little extra.

I didn't realize the magnitude of love for piezo here hahah. So some of ya'll are not taking out your piezo electrics around the campfire? :D Maybe I'm fortunate as I don't hear the quack in my JP15's piezo that plagues many piezo equipped guitars. @Brucegregori I know what you mean, the JP15 is a lot of guitar and sometimes I wish it was a bit simpler. That being said its a finely crafted instrument and it plays beautifully. I too, wasn't a fan of the mag pickups despite being a Petrucci fan. I did swap out the pups. I was considering selling it and maybe picking up PRS HBII Piezo and have extra cash in my pocket. The idea still floating around but I'm not sure what I'll end up doing. I'm not in any rush. After picking up a Charvel I find the 'shredder' superstrat box ticked very well and thought the PRS Hollowbody might offer a different flavor /vintage style with the piezo for when I like mixing it with my clean signal for that little extra.
I did a review for PRS on the SE - mostly jazz related but you can here the piezo in the video towards the end. And having them send me both I decided on doing the review on the SE. It gets you 95% the way there. I personal use Charvel these days. I feel like I can use it for any sound - the GG models FYI.

I did a review for PRS on the SE - mostly jazz related but you can here the piezo in the video towards the end. And having them send me both I decided on doing the review on the SE. It gets you 95% the way there. I personal use Charvel these days. I feel like I can use it for any sound - the GG models FYI.

Just watched your vid. Really great job on that review and hot damn that was some tasty playing. And yeah, I'd love to try out a Charvel GG

These. The other didn't exist at the time.
Do you know which 2 IRs you're using in your preset?
The names that show in your screen shot don't seem to exist.
Example - if you go to the 'sound hole' folder from 3 Sigma, there are then 10 folders of additional choices?
I loaded everything from the 'sound hold' parent folder, and none of them match the name of the IR you have 'Soundhole 2'

Do you know which 2 IRs you're using in your preset?
The names that show in your screen shot don't seem to exist.
What you see in the screenshot is what is used is what I own. I can check later tonight to see what I have on disk.

What you see in the screenshot is what is used is what I own. I can check later tonight to see what I have on disk.
Thanks.
I think I'm going to have to go hunting IR by IR (using Scratchpad).
I'm using a Godin A6 Ultra - and so far, they all have the same phasey hollow sound.

I bought a Paoletti Nancy lounge 850 Piezo recently. really bought it literally as a 'lounge 'guitar, as sometimes with people round and kids in bed etc wanted an unplugged electric but with more volume. Have to say its a cracking guitar, has the Ghost Piezo, and works really well plugged in, the Paol own brand tele pup is nice as well, very surprised how well it works & well its made, great fun guitar

View attachment 104026
I think we are all trying to see what great stuff you have in the stands Chris.

I totally get these for synth but what possible advantage is gained by minimum crosstalk on and acoustic saddle? Now add the larger pickup itself and you are going to seriously mess with your core acoustic tone. I for one wouldn't even consider that for any half decent acoustic unless it was only for live work and you didn't care about the unplugged tone at all.
I say this from my standpoint and that is "all piezo suck" but you just have to make it suck the least and not trash your acoustic by fitting it.
I am pragmatic about it though and for live they still are one of the only workable options.

Back
Top Bottom