Why there is something, rather then nothing?

Well, I have been inspired to write songs several times over the past 1.5 years (I had never been a member of a forum prior to that) by forum posts, this is another one. I think this sums up my view on this topic!

Spinning Wheels - Copyright June 17, 2022 - ANO Publishing, LLC - All Rights Reserved

<verse 1>
Spinning wheels
Making you feel
Truths been concealed
From you mind

Space and time
Your divine
Giving solace
Flashing signs

Under siege
Can you please
Please relieve me
Of this maze

Each passing day
I've less to say
Just let me play
Like a suns ray

<chorus>
Contemplate
But it's too late
You'll never know
If it's choice or fate

Understand
That cosmic land
Is a playground
Beyond all man

<verse 2>
Spinning wheels
Like an onion peels
Your time to feel
The time you got

Gods and love
Below and above
Fit like a glove
When life is hot

Give me life
Give me wife
Give me relief
From this strife

Tryin' to know
Where I will go
Will the big show
Show me the plot

<chorus>
Contemplate
But it's too late
You'll never know
If it's choice or fate

Understand
That cosmic land
Is a playground
Beyond all man

<bridge>
You don't know
And I don't know
He don't know
And she don't know
Play the game
Hold on to sane
Never let the questions
Your time drain

<verse 3>
Spinning wheels
They try to steal
Your time to deal
With livin' life

Don't let that knife
Dissect or slice
Or pay the price
To that great spin

Understand
Each woman/man
Is not the plan
Of cosmic goal

Just a hub
In a spinning tub
Of the universe
Confusions toll

<outro>
You don't know
And I don't know
He don't know
And she don't know
Play the game
Hold on to sane
Never let the questions
Your time drain

Contemplate
But it's too late
You'll never know
If it's choice or fate

Understand
That cosmic land
Is a playground
Beyond all man

<first draft, written in 29 minutes today>

Looking forward to developing this over the next few weeks ;~)) I can already hear the music in my head, just a matter of getting that through the instruments!

There is no nothing. Even the vacuum of space isn't a total absence of something.
….

Tell that to Lawrence Krauss lol

https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/A-Universe-from-Nothing/Lawrence-M-Krauss/9781451624465

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Universe_from_Nothing

He postulates using physics that “Nothing” is extremely powerful lol.

A New York best seller :-0

They no longer participate (along with Richard Dawkins) in debates using this as a result of the periodic annoying laughter from the audiences.

There is no being that can grasp the infinite. It's outside of anyone's experience. Humans can describe it with math or physics...but no being can grasp it. Unless you attribute a consciousness to the universe, which I would certainly entertain.

You are correct.

Whenever infinity is invoked with regard to the physical universe …it is always philosophical and can never be proven.

Well at least in this universe….

Because infinity can never be observed.

Observations as we all know is critical to material science.

This is the problem with theoretical physics that involve infinity.

Not if this isn't the only universe

But that’s philosophical. With so called “Established Physics” it is determined that the existence of other universes can never be confirmed as a result.

The limitations as a result of the difficulties with the speed of light and the notion of the expanding universe prevents any possible observations of other universes.

If limited to empirical evidence and observations these support the “Special” directions in space and the so called “Goldilocks” zone.

Neosounds “super special something” is on to something! …other than “nothing”. Pun

Some physicists understand that since the universe's creation / Big Bang, the universe had a finite starting point and is currently expanding. The "boundary" we might see as the known universe might be the farthest reaching stars or galaxies on the edge of the expanding universe.

However, if this is just something you might discuss over a bong hit, I'll be letting myself out and heading elsewhere, first of all, because I don't smoke, but the smell of smoke is palpable in this case...

Not quite. From its earliest conception of the “Big Bang” as coined by Sir Fred Hoyle …The universe “banged” from “Nothing”.

Hence Lawrence Krauss 2012 attempt with his “Universe from Nothing” book.

Now if “Nothing” is what we always alluded to as absolute nothing…..then we know that “Nothing” is infinite.

Should the universe have banged out of absolute nothing ….it is logically deduced that some kind of power and energy caused this.

Again Lawrence Krauss attempts to explain this with his 2012 book in a natural physical manner with “nothing” being the Almighty “Nothing”.

Here’s the alternative….

Again ….“Nothing” is actually infinite.

Our universe according to modem physics supposedly popped out of this infinite “Nothing”.

What kind of power and energy is required to produce “something” from infinite “Nothing”?

…..must be Infinite Power of course.

I’ll take Infinite Power with a heavy dose of “Thump” to go please.

Responses in-line
You are correct. As far as you know.

Whenever infinity is invoked with regard to the physical universe …it is always philosophical and can never be proven. With current tools and methodologies.

Well at least in this universe….

Because infinity can never be observed. Never say never. People used to think that going faster than a mile a minute on a train would actually drive them insane.

Observations as we all know is critical to material science.

This is the problem with theoretical physics that involve infinity.
He postulates using physics that “Nothing” is extremely powerful lol. Keyword: Postulate. Not even good enough to be a ful fledged theory, much less a law of physics.
Not quite. From its earliest conception of the “Big Bang” as coined by Sir Fred Hoyle …The universe “banged” from “Nothing”. Not quite. The Big Bang banged from an extremely dense something.
I'm not going to pick apart the rest of what you wrote because I just don't want to invest any more time/gravity/curved space on it.

According to scientists, pee pee poo poo something from nothing.
Must be fun to have kids while telling them all sorts of silly stories...meanwhile, be well...offline with my studies this evening, and preparing some meatloaf tomorrow for sandwich lunches the next couple of weeks...and to be clear...pee/poop is the human waste product of drinking/eating food...don't forget to jiggle the handle...

We could be living in a snow globe on some kid's desk.
Could be? "Of course we are living in a snow globe on some kids desk, duh!" has been my mantra so far! Do NOT want to leave this snow globe (snow globe doubters need not respond - I can't hear you - I am inside a snow globe)!! All the happy smiley plastic faces, bright moments, forget about it!!!

Responses in-line

I'm not going to pick apart the rest of what you wrote because I just don't want to invest any more time/gravity/curved space on it.
By the very essence of "infinity" ...it can never be observed. Ever. The only way to observe infinity is if the observer is infinite himself.

And in response to the forum question.... all i'm doing is presenting what modern science holds at the present time by consensus with the lambdaCDM Standard Big Bang Model. This model has the universe created from NOTHING. In this Theory this "nothing" ...somehow progressed to that extremely dense something you alluded to.

The difference is you don't provide an answer to the poster's question. You stop at an "extremely dense something" which is actually short of the "nothing" the Standard Model entails.

The poster's question has been a difficulty for modern physics which is trying to answer the question by natural physics.

Hence again...Lawrence Krauss' motivation to answer this billion dollar question with his 2012 book "A Universe from Nothing" ..whereby he redefines "nothing" and ascribing this "nothing" as being extremely powerful.

I myself as you don't find his theory plausible at all.

What he's employing in his theory is quantum physics to justify as plausible a universe from nothing, thereby ...according to him....having no need for an omnipotent 1st cause creator.

Again all I presented in response to the post question is provide what modern science "postulates" at the present time.

I did provide my insights into "infinity" and "nothing" as an aside which I find perfectly logical.

Again I don't subscribe to the Big Bang Standard Model myself as scientific empirical evidence has all but discredited it long ago.

Back
Top Bottom