FM3 5.03 Factory Presets

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
New factory preset banks for the FM3 have been released on our web site.
These require firmware version 5.03 or newer. A ReadMe is included, covering the details of how to install.
These are newer and better than the "Preview" versions from last week and should be used to overwrite those.

Thanks to everyone who helped with comments during the various preview releases.
Thanks to all who helped get this big job done.
And thank you for choosing Fractal Audio Systems.

UPDATE JUNE 3:
One of the beta testers discovered a problem with certain per-preset footswitch settings in the 5.03 factory presets released on June 1. As of June 3, these have been fixed and the new file is available on the FM3 downloads page:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/fm3-downloads/

Last edited:
If we already installed the preview release, any reason to install this final release (i.e., did anything change from the preview release)?

Do you have to install the presets with fractal bot? Is there not a way to install them with manage presets from the tools menu if you don't want to install a complete bank(s)?

Awesome...thanks @Admin M@ and everyone for their hard work in updating these. I always come away with something new to think about whenever I tour thru the various factory presets, be it an amp/cab combination, an FX block/chain that is used in a way I'd not thought of, or simply a cool sounding preset with nicely dialed in FX....thanks again.

Do you have to install the presets with fractal bot? Is there not a way to install them with manage presets from the tools menu if you don't want to install a complete bank(s)?

You can load individual presets from bank file(s) in FM3-Edit -> Manage Presets by dragging the bank file(s) to the 'picker' pane on the left hand side.

You should then see all the individual presets in that bank file(s) and can then copy/paste/drag selected presets over to the preset slots on the right pane.

Yes, in the left panel of the Preset Manger, if you drag and drop or open a bank file through directories, all the presents in that bank will appear as a list which you can select from and load/audition or save individual presets.

These sound awesome! Thanks to everyone involved in getting them updated. The Fractal products are gig-worthy out of the box.

I see a few additions in here. The Cronoecho is now an official preset. Hey, @Admin M@ , where's that Ricochet preset you mentioned awhile back? I'd really like to hear it.

Fractal really knocks it out of the park. They are criticized a lot for being more expensive, but not only do you get the quality, you get the continued upgrades. I'd have to argue it's actually a real bargain comparatively. Many companies would've just launched a successor by now.

Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom