Xitone FRFR - Where are they made?

Unless something has changed, and I don't think it has, the cabinets are built in the USA and the components are off the shelf. Matrix amps on the older models, I think Dayton Audio on more recent ones? And an Eminence or Celestion speaker depending.

Unless something has changed, and I don't think it has, the cabinets are built in the USA and the components are off the shelf. Matrix amps on the older models, I think Dayton Audio on more recent ones? And an Eminence or Celestion speaker depending.
Thanks, so basically the other components are made in China, which is sadly often the case. As to final assembly, I am guessing it is done in the USA, but that isn't clear.

Dayton Audio components are designed and engineered in the USA in Springboro, Ohio. Manufacturing of their components is done around the world in North America, Europe, and Asia.

The XiTone cabs are made in the USA in Greensboro, NC. I own one and I would highly recommend it. Just so you know, though it may take several weeks to get to you after you order. They are worth the wait, in my opinion.

If you have more questions, you can always shoot Mick an email. Here's XiTone's email address: xitonecabs@gmail.com

Last edited:
Dayton Audio components are designed and engineered in the USA in Springboro, Ohio. Manufacturing of their components is done around the world in North America, Europe, and Asia.

The XiTone cabs are made in the USA in Greensboro, NC. I own one and I would highly recommend it. Just so you know, though it may take several weeks to get to you after you order. They are worth the wait, in my opinion.

If you have more questions, you can always shoot Mick an email. Here's XiTone's email address: xitonecabs@gmail.com
…a few weeks?
I put my order in April 2021.
That reminds me I have to give him yet another call….

…a few weeks?
I put my order in April 2021.
That reminds me I have to give him yet another call….
Read my post again. Nowhere did I say a few weeks. I said several weeks, meaning more than just a few. It took about 9 weeks to get mine. I bought mine in 2020 during the height of the pandemic. If what you say is true I have no idea what is going on at XiTone nowadays.

I will say that I wouldn’t have waited for my order for over a year. I would have cancelled and initiated a chargeback after about about 4 months.

You've been waiting for over a year??? What is the holdup? You must be a very patient person.
Yup,
I’ve been very busy at work and don’t have time to get upset about it.
The first excuse was he couldn‘t get the speaker (Celestion). That accounts for close to a year.
But then he tells me he will be shipping it within a week -never happened and no communication about it.
Then when I contacted him about it he said he needed to get ”fit in” with the guy who coats his cabinets.
That was a month or two ago. I emailed him over a week ago and crickets.
I recently saw that someone received theirs -with a much shorter wait time.
I have his phone number. I’ve called him before. Once I get the time I’ll be calling him. I’ve been nice so far but we all have limits…

BTW, you do know your Fractal device is built in China, right?
OPs’ preference is “ not made in China”, which I can relate to. That’s why I buy RCF Italian made. There is no option with the Fractal, not that I’m aware, it’s all made in China.

There is no option with the Fractal, not that I’m aware, it’s all made in China.

To the contrary:
The chassis and some of the boards are made in China. The DSP module is made in Merrimack NH, USA." [24]
"Roughly 50% (by cost) of the Axe-Fx III is made in USA. The chassis and simpler circuit boards are made in China. The DSP module is made right here in NH. [25]
"The Axe-Fx III is about 50% domestic content. [26]
"The Axe-Fx III is assembled, programmed, inspected, and tested at our facility in New Hampshire." [30]
"Over 50% of the Axe-Fx III is made in the USA." [34]

Yup,
I’ve been very busy at work and don’t have time to get upset about it.
The first excuse was he couldn‘t get the speaker (Celestion). That accounts for close to a year.
But then he tells me he will be shipping it within a week -never happened and no communication about it.
Then when I contacted him about it he said he needed to get ”fit in” with the guy who coats his cabinets.
That was a month or two ago. I emailed him over a week ago and crickets.
I recently saw that someone received theirs -with a much shorter wait time.
I have his phone number. I’ve called him before. Once I get the time I’ll be calling him. I’ve been nice so far but we all have limitsYeah
Yeah, that's absurd. A buddy of mine is finishing up a cab with an F12 and a Dayton power amp for me. It's technically finished, but I'm on vacation and out of town until next weekend. He built a test cab and we compared it to the Xitone wedge that I have and it sounded a bit different, it's a different cab design, but I liked it just as much. Once I get the cab next week, I can get you some pics and my opinions. If you wanted, I'm sure he'd build you one. Mine is a cab based on the Celestion design for the f12 (with a Dayton power amp built in) but he can do a wedge as well. Not trying to sell anything, just letting you know.

I do, and honestly it was the reason I took so long to buy it. I looked extensively for alternatives and the closest I came was Kemper, made in Germany. But for other reasons I didn't go with the Kemper. But point taken, it is hard to avoid China, but I try.

Yeah, that's absurd. A buddy of mine is finishing up a cab with an F12 and a Dayton power amp for me. It's technically finished, but I'm on vacation and out of town until next weekend. He built a test cab and we compared it to the Xitone wedge that I have and it sounded a bit different, it's a different cab design, but I liked it just as much. Once I get the cab next week, I can get you some pics and my opinions. If you wanted, I'm sure he'd build you one. Mine is a cab based on the Celestion design for the f12 (with a Dayton power amp built in) but he can do a wedge as well. Not trying to sell anything, just letting you know.
That is absurd.

I'm the guy that just received a Xitone order, for a 1x10" open back cab. It uses the Eminence coaxial speaker and a Dayton plate amp. I was told when I ordered that the parts were on hand, so I only had to wait for fabrication. It was still shipped later than promised, and I had to follow up a couple of times. The cab sounds great, and although there are some small QC issues with fit and finish, I'm happy just to have something to play.

Having no confidence I'd get my Xitone cab in time for a showcase, I started down the Cele F12 DIY path, but these projects are now on the back burner in favor of practicing. ;> I have an F12 and the same model Dayton plate amp used in the Xitone that I'll be testing in a Mesa 1x12 Thiele cab; all I have to do is cut a new back panel to mount the amp. But the plan is to build a pair of the Cele DIY cabs, self-powered.

Without even hearing it yet I'm convinced this is going to be the way to go, whether you build the DIY cabs or use stock guitar cabs. Parts are readily available, and there's nothing magical about the OEM and small builder cabs that are either over-priced, or come with unknown delivery and crappy customer service. Note the DIY route is not exactly economical, coming in at around $625 in materials for me locally.

Attachments

• FRFR Speaker Cab.png
    FRFR Speaker Cab.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • FRFR Speaker Cab Front Exploded.png
    FRFR Speaker Cab Front Exploded.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7382.jpeg
    IMG_7382.jpeg
    757.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7363.jpeg
    IMG_7363.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
That is absurd.

I'm the guy that just received a Xitone order, for a 1x10" open back cab. It uses the Eminence coaxial speaker and a Dayton plate amp. I was told when I ordered that the parts were on hand, so I only had to wait for fabrication. It was still shipped later than promised, and I had to follow up a couple of times. The cab sounds great, and although there are some small QC issues with fit and finish, I'm happy just to have something to play.

Having no confidence I'd get my Xitone cab in time for a showcase, I started down the Cele F12 DIY path, but these projects are now on the back burner in favor of practicing. ;> I have an F12 and the same model Dayton plate amp used in the Xitone that I'll be testing in a Mesa 1x12 Thiele cab; all I have to do is cut a new back panel to mount the amp. But the plan is to build a pair of the Cele DIY cabs, self-powered.

Without even hearing it yet I'm convinced this is going to be the way to go, whether you build the DIY cabs or use stock guitar cabs. Parts are readily available, and there's nothing magical about the OEM and small builder cabs that are either over-priced, or come with unknown delivery and crappy customer service. Note the DIY route is not exactly economical, coming in at around $625 in materials for me locally.
That's gonna be a really good sounding cab. My pal also builds 806 cabs, I have two of them. I hadn't thought about putting the Dayton and the f12 into an 806 cab. I did try powering my 806 cab that has a 12L in it (no cab block on my FM3) with one of his Daytons and it sounded pretty huge. Lot's of low end.

I just talked to him on the phone.
He says he's getting over Covid and plans to be in the shop tomorrow.
He said he could get it out within the week.
I told him I would be calling next week...

Where are you? I might be interested in a pair of F12/Dayton cabs myself.

Back
Top Bottom