Scene Ignore Bypass Question

Poparad

Power User
I'm trying out the new scene ignore feature and it doesn't seem to be behaving the way I would expect. I set up several effects with scene ignore on and set to bypass. I want to be able to turn them on when I want, but I want the preset to load with them bypassed. When I change to another preset and change back, they all default to on instead of bypassed like I saved them all in. Is that what's supposed to happen?

I encountered this too and for most of my use cases it means that scene ignore is effectively useless for me. I had hoped to use it to remove the need for me to use control switches for effects that I want to be independent of scene.

But the way it is implemented means I have to first remember to switch off any blocks I don’t want active, when I switch to a new preset. I have several presets per gig, and it just isn’t practical for me to do that.

The only way I have found to use it is to have my first channel on a block one that makes the effect do nothing, so for instance mix on 0%. Then program a switch to change channels. But it’s not a good solution, and so I don’t use scene ignore, which I was quite excited about.

To me it seems like a bug. The preset should revert to the enabled state of blocks when the preset was saved, regardless of scene ignore.

Scene Ignore has no impact on the bypass state of blocks upon preset loading.
When loading a preset, blocks should be in the (bypassed or engaged) state as they were when the preset was stored, regardless of Scene Ignore.

Scene Ignore operates per block channel. More info about how to put it to use

Having said that, there seems to be a bug in Scene Ignore on the FM3. Its engaged state (Amp block) doesn't survive preset switching. This has been fixed on the Axe-Fx III already, so the FM3 will probably follow soon.

I'm having the issue with drive, delay, and filter. They're all defaulting to "on" on preset load even though they're saved as "off" in all scenes.

I'm having the issue with drive, delay, and filter. They're all defaulting to "on" on preset load even though they're saved as "off" in all scenes.

And some channels of those blocks have Scene Ignore enabled?

I'm trying out the new scene ignore feature and it doesn't seem to be behaving the way I would expect. I set up several effects with scene ignore on and set to bypass. I want to be able to turn them on when I want, but I want the preset to load with them bypassed. When I change to another preset and change back, they all default to on instead of bypassed like I saved them all in. Is that what's supposed to happen?
I'm a new user of Fractal products, and have been using a FM3 for about a week now.
Came across the same issue, and was about to post a thread but found this discussion going on.

Bug confirmed. Enabling Scene Ignore messes up the bypass state of the block when switching presets.

@rglr
I'll watch this thread, in case of any news.
Too bad, since I was going the same way as @Poparad.

Back
Top Bottom