Banned from TGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted on there once in modeling, and got such a negative, illogical response, I just said "ok" and moved on. It's sad that someone puts that much time into ruling a forum on the internet, with an iron fist.

If it's a mixture of varying opinions and commentary, there are varying levels of wit and intelligence. Most all will have an opinion and speak their mind if interested. However, if one has no opinion or comment, best to not open one's mouth and remove all doubt. It's like how one might speak to an audience at a gig, and try to draw your audience into a conversation.

Random silly comments may not contribute to the discussion, but they lighten the mood. Tolerance for randomness depends on whether you're working towards a goal or not. While there may not be conclusive evidence that people can judge effectively, it is basically the lack of clarity in these discussions that contributes to conflict.

It's because people fear the unknown and when they can't understand the gist of the narrative, they either take issue or they let it go. You may wonder how I know this...I've studied human behavior in small and large groups before...small groups there is more civility because there is less heated interaction that could lead to conflict...but in large groups, a mob mentality often takes hold. There are fewer inhibitions and less civility...any baseball or concert crowd can attest to this...

Social media is no different, in fact, the anonymity afforded in social media increases the chance for conflict in large groups. That is why I choose to stay away from large crowds (more than a roomful of music fans or pilers-on, IRL & in social media) where emotions can run high and personal safety becomes an issue.

TGP banishment is the beautiful scar
I too wear it w a token grin

Knowing I met good friends and had a ton of fun over the past 12 months in that original non-owners complainers thread

Robin Williams: “joke them if they can’t take a (f)uck”

Homebase has always been here

Waterbound's Neural forum handle used to be Scott_mod. Scott also hangs out on the QC Facebook group as a normie, and when I disagreed with him respectfully on QC matters and won the argument, he came back to it a week later to put laughing emojis on all my posts. Creepy behavior.

Neural sucks at picking mods. Every gear company has some creeps in their user base (heck I might be one), but they don't get elevated for being a net benefit to the hype machine... Culture starting at the top comes to mind, cus the top sucks at the balance of integrity vs. hype.

@Promit IMO it's the other way around in this case. A humorless constructive complainer thread would've been shut down a long time ago, and it's the humor that kept those threads alive for as long as it did. I was kicked off the main QC thread way back for my usual humorless posts. I was told I didn't break any rules but people kept reporting my posts which the mods couldn’t babysit, all of which somehow made me the jerk lol.

I've been MIA for a few weeks, and man what a mess! Hi to all the regulars who got kicked.

Last edited:
@yeky83 RE: getting kicked from the QC thread.

That is total BS. I understand why the mods would see banning you from that thread as the easier way to handle the situation, but that is just a dereliction of their duties. The proper response would be to issue infractions against those repeatedly flagging posts without cause.

I'm curious: whats the attraction to be a mod on any forum? It's volunteer is it not? I can't see a reason to do it given the significant effort required, headaches, and inevitable interpersonal conflict - even if your passionate about the specific forum and want to give back to it. What am missing?

I'm curious: whats the attraction to be a mod on any forum? It's volunteer is it not? I can't see a reason to do it given the significant effort required, headaches, and inevitable interpersonal conflict - even if your passionate about the specific forum and want to give back to it. What am missing?
TGP is a for-profit site.

I understood they sold memberships (can't understand why someone would buy one, but that's another "what am i missing" thing). So the mods there are paid - k - makes a little more sense to me now though they'd have to pay a lot to get me to do it there I think.
You have to be a supporting member to post ads in the classified section.

I understood they sold memberships (can't understand why someone would buy one, but that's another "what am i missing" thing). So the mods there are paid - k - makes a little more sense to me now though they'd have to pay a lot to get me to do it there I think.
The TGP mod DGT said they are all volunteer and unpaid iirc

That being said, TGP does about $6mm/yr in revenue iirc

The TGP mod DGT said they are all volunteer and unpaid iirc
So what's the incentive to do the unpaid mod job there? I can understand it here where peeps are pretty civil and its an environment where users interact constructively with each other and the vendor of a specific product set/brand in a notforprofit forum + I get the impression a lot of mods here have been involved with the Fractal products for a long time and seem to enjoy the involvement and interactions for the most part, but at TGP? - not sure what a volunteer mod there would get back from the experience given it's profit motivated and not representing any one product (at least they're not supposed to lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom