Fm3 to FRFR...dual xlr's?

JPS225

Inspired
When using and frfr, do you run both xlr's to the frfr or do you just connect one? Curious what others are doing.

I only have 1 frfr. I assume that running 2 xlr from the Fm3 to the frfr would be no different than running just 1

When using and frfr, do you run both xlr's to the frfr or do you just connect one? Curious what others are doing.
Just need to connect one unless you want to run a pair of frfr's in stereo. I run output 1 in stereo to FOH and run output 2 to two frfr's in stereo. Then I can place them where they also are great as monitors.

You'll miss half of the stereo effects if you're running just one side. May not be an issue for you, but stereo chorus, delay, reverb,ping-pong effects won't be there unless you have both right and left xlrs playing. If you don't use stereo effects, you're fine running one side to one frfr.

I'm currently running in stereo other than monitor mix, so I tweak my presets on stereo IEMs and on 2 FRFRs in stereo - i.e., running the L Output 1 to one FRFR and the R Output 1 to the other FRFR. If I were running mono mains, or alternating between stereo and mono for different gigs, I'd be tempted to set up a parallel set of mono presets. Or at the least I'd tweak/check the stereo sets in mono also to ensure compatibility.

My only stereo setup is a light panning for stereo IRs left and right - 20% which I think is just the default used in some of the factory patches. For live I just pick a side. The two sides are pretty similar. You can change the output mode to SUM L+R in the global IO setup, but frankly I just don't bother. Typically I'll take one side into my cab/monitor and one to the board.

Back
Top Bottom