Banned from TGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just pointing out that the forums I started don't have this kind of drama. I pre-emptively nipped this in the bud by having the world's laziest mod team, and co-admins who had no idea how to use the forum software even if they did want to ban someone.

(I started sevenstring.org, btw. Sorry about that :( )

Last edited:
Let this brew for a few days before posting. It's not important in the grand scheme of things. Still some valid points to be made. TL;DR AF coming up.

I've stuck up for TGP a LOT on other forums. It's "reputation" proceeds itself. I have met some great friends in the modeling section. A lot of whom have found their way or already were here. A lot of whom use the HX stuff. Kemper. FAS stuff. Combinations of all three. Even some great peeps that (gasp) use the QC. A number of these people were suspended or banned outright. Including people who actually own the slimy turd and are advocates for it! This is the 2nd wave of cleansing. Insert "another "anonymous" 12 posts before getting banned again" outburst from whatever personality iteration he adopts for another go round.

Here's a screenshot with an update from the "Totally not a mod" moderator detailing the "behind the scenes plans" that are "going on".
lB3Sahi.png

Seems like this shouldn't be his call to make? This is weird, gross and 100% why the complainer thread was created.

Big shout to GZ for the dinosaurs, Gandalf and The Boys memes and gifs . Whizz for the Modelers Wars saga. Rev for telling it like it is. James for jumping off the cliff for footswitch hygiene :sunglasses: Fret's for being pro FAS AF and throwing up references I am still wrapping my head around :) Watt for clearing the air in the "not a mod pretend to be vague thread". Mbenigni, Mikah and Elric for being realistic in this discussion about their devices.

Big shout out to all the HX peeps that can laugh along with boiled milk and enjoy their gear. I own the Stomp. Big shout out to Kemper peeps with their decade+ old tech. I've owned the Kemper countless times. Big shout out to the FAS users who are somehow able to wake up in the morning and navigate the onboard interface. The horror! I've owned the AX8, FM and the III a number of times. Great devices. Big shout out to the QC peeps who know they can get good sounds but can also recognize the situation is still in a severe work in progress state. I'm not owning that device :D but I digress. Congratulations. You have a sense of humor! Good job! For the small group of upset folks over there; here's my forum reality...

6h42ko.jpg

TL;DR AF II: I've Found My Own Camp™ and it can take a flying leap :smilingimp:

Let this brew for a few days before posting. It's not important in the grand scheme of things. Still some valid points to be made. TL;DR AF coming up.

I've stuck up for TGP a LOT on other forums. It's "reputation" proceeds itself. I have met some great friends in the modeling section. A lot of whom have found their way or already were here. A lot of whom use the HX stuff. Kemper. FAS stuff. Combinations of all three. Even some great peeps that (gasp) use the QC. A number of these people were suspended or banned outright. Including people who actually own the slimy turd and are advocates for it! This is the 2nd wave of cleansing. Insert "another "anonymous" 12 posts before getting banned again" outburst from whatever personality iteration he adopts for another go round.

Here's a screenshot with an update from the "Totally not a mod" moderator detailing the "behind the scenes plans" that are "going on".
lB3Sahi.png

Seems like this shouldn't be his call to make? This is weird, gross and 100% why the complainer thread was created.

Big shout to GZ for the dinosaurs, Gandalf and The Boys memes and gifs . Whizz for the Modelers Wars saga. Rev for telling it like it is. James for jumping off the cliff for footswitch hygiene :sunglasses: Fret's for being pro FAS AF and throwing up references I am still wrapping my head around :) Watt for clearing the air in the "not a mod pretend to be vague thread". Mbenigni, Mikah and Elric for being realistic in this discussion about their devices.

Big shout out to all the HX peeps that can laugh along with boiled milk and enjoy their gear. I own the Stomp. Big shout out to Kemper peeps with their decade+ old tech. I've owned the Kemper countless times. Big shout out to the FAS users who are somehow able to wake up in the morning and navigate the onboard interface. The horror! I've owned the AX8, FM and the III a number of times. Great devices. Big shout out to the QC peeps who know they can get good sounds but can also recognize the situation is still in a severe work in progress state. I'm not owning that device :D but I digress. Congratulations. You have a sense of humor! Good job! For the small group of upset folks over there; here's my forum reality...

6h42ko.jpg

TL;DR AF II: I've Found My Own Camp™ and it can take a flying leap :smilingimp:
For what it's worth, I THINK Waterbound was banned. Doesn't show as a user on there anymore. Good post!

I don't expect anyone to get banned. Just be honest (enough for a forum at least) and have a sense of humor FFS? For god's sakes I've been using Boss gear for decades. Imagine the horror and torment I've seen in that world :eek::oops: :D

It's sad but true. Cue the Metallica! :)

I don't know why people fuse personal identity with a brand, or a piece of gear----unless you own
the damn company, then I guess you deserve a pass. But why anyone else does, or would, is beyond
me. Do teens fight internet wars in a Nike vs. Adidas vs. Under Armour epic struggle for self-esteem,
value, and personal worth based on what gets put on their feet on the daily? Maybe they do. I guess
I like and expect adults to be more adulty than that. Probably asking too much, eh?? ;)

I don't expect anyone to get banned. Just be honest (enough for a forum at least) and have a sense of humor FFS? For god's sakes I've been using Boss gear for decades. Imagine the horror and torment I've seen in that world :eek::oops: :D
My experience of guitar forums is that they're largely populated by absolute bellends who can barely play guitar, and who get off on having power.

This place seems alright though.

Not for nothing, but I have experienced more trolls in the digital & modeling forum on TGP than even in the Pub. And that's a high bar. Although I am always trying to change this and that but lack the knowledge to do it right, asking a simple question seems to be verboten there too. I guess you're just supposed to know some things. Anyway, I put about 5 trolls on block before I just decided to look for serious info here. Let the dead bury the dead.

It's sad but true. Cue the Metallica! :)

I don't know why people fuse personal identity with a brand, or a piece of gear----unless you own
the damn company, then I guess you deserve a pass. But why anyone else does, or would, is beyond
me. Do teens fight internet wars in a Nike vs. Adidas vs. Under Armour epic struggle for self-esteem,
value, and personal worth based on what gets put on their feet on the daily? Maybe they do. I guess
I like and expect adults to be more adulty than that. Probably asking too much, eh?? ;)
I mean it's just human nature. Sports teams are a prime example. It's nothing unique unfortunately

Yeah, I don't get that shit either. :)

Are we inherently small and inferiour creatures who compulsively need to
identify with something deemed larger than ourselves so we can sleep at
night?

Yeah, I don't get that shit either. :)

Are we inherently small and inferiour creatures who compulsively need to
identify with something deemed larger than ourselves so we can sleep at
night?
Unfortunately, however we all identify ourselves in some way (parenthood, profession, location, hobbies, eye color, horoscope, the list goes on and on).

They are ABSOLUTELY my favorite form of social media. By an COMPLETE landslide.
I don't know about the overall age group here but as an elder millennial I grew up on and around forums. Built my professional career there, in fact. Spent all my formative years joking around, good and bad, about forums and how they are. Moderated one that was large at its prime. But JFC I am glad I was slightly too old for modern day social media to shape me.

Most of those are what should make up your identity. But a guitar processor? Unless you’re the creator, it’s pretty silly. Do people that are really into smoothies identify themselves by their blender?
I mean there is a hierarchy to it. I might think it's silly to identify yourself by your horoscope but others live for it. To each their own and I have no issue with it but when you start to be exclusive and shun others who don't think the same, that gets dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom