What’s the deal with the Quad Cortex?

rrhoads17

Inspired
I heard about some delays this product was experiencing when it first came out, and here it is almost 1.5-2 years later, and it’s still not in stock at Sweetwater! I don’t plan on buying one because I’m a Fractal guy, but what’s the problem over there? And to those who’ve played it, does it even sound good? It seems like it will take years for them to catch up to Fractal and maybe even Helix.

To each his own re sound - I find it tough to look elsewhere given the quality of Axfx and I'm not a fan of tone capture - as for the other stuff, dunno but I tend to think of them as specializing in plugins, so taking a new direction into hardware is gonna be rough.

It sounds good, and is fun and easy to use with the touch screen, i think all music devices are hard to keep in stock these times. I got it for the Capture function.
I hope Fractal gets this option someday

I am very thankful for the Quad Cortex and the long delays. I was a previous Kemper user and I had a QC on order. I got tired of the constant longer release date so on a whim cancelled my order and purchased an Axe FX III. I sold my Kemper the next day after receiving the AF3. Best thing to ever happen to me gear wise....thanks Neural!
I personally would not want to see Fractal add the capturing thing. It sounds good on paper but after using it compared to the AF3 modeling there is no comparison. Fractal is doing it the right way.

I heard about some delays this product was experiencing when it first came out, and here it is almost 1.5-2 years later, and it’s still not in stock at Sweetwater! I don’t plan on buying one because I’m a Fractal guy, but what’s the problem over there? And to those who’ve played it, does it even sound good? It seems like it will take years for them to catch up to Fractal and maybe even Helix.
Im sure it sounds good like most devices developed in the last 10 years. As for the problem, Im sure its more than one.

Honestly I wouldnt worry about it. If they right the ship it will be plastered across musician forums.

I am very thankful for the Quad Cortex and the long delays. I was a previous Kemper user and I had a QC on order. I got tired of the constant longer release date so on a whim cancelled my order and purchased an Axe FX III. I sold my Kemper the next day after receiving the AF3. Best thing to ever happen to me gear wise....thanks Neural!
I personally would not want to see Fractal add the capturing thing. It sounds good on paper but after using it compared to the AF3 modeling there is no comparison. Fractal is doing it the right way.
Tone Capture may be fine if you have tube amps that you want to capture or profile, but I prefer Tone Match because you can match your EQ to an isolated track.

Everybody is having supply chain issues, but that company has much bigger problems. Perhaps the most serious of those is how they interact with their customers and prospective customers. This is not the place to rehash, but caveat emptor....big time.

I wouldn't touch it with JiveTurkey's 10 foot pole.

Why not? As someone who hasn't been following the soap opera the past couple years, and considering getting one of their plugins, what's going on? Do tell.
There's a forum for that, it's all there already. Just go visit that one if you need to see it yourself lol...

I tried it at NAMM 2 years ago. I was excited about it because everybody was excited, but I didn't get what was the "big new thing' about it.
I already had better tones from the Axe-FX. I still don't understand it and honestly, I don't even care :D

I love my QC , Its lacking compared to anything Fractal makes (Fractal has more tweak-able options on a single Amp model than the QC unit has every option combined) but a cool unit that will always have a place in the market. The Capture process is really cool and easy, pedals are very easy to capture and amps are same as Kemper to Profile. What I have seen is mainly end users not having any amps of their own so the Capture reprocessed Kemper or AxeFx Files. I Captured my Tiny Terror Combo and its really nice to play through loud.
If you are a headphone bedroom player it makes ZERO difference what you buy Helix,QC, Kemper or Fractal they all are really good right now. Great time to be a GEAR FREAK !!!! I own HX stomp for Bass gigs, QC for Sunday gigs and FM3 for when I need both! I sold my AXE 3 turbo to wait for FM9 but didn't feel like waiting anymore. B stock sale lured me back into Fractal world , and I missed the Forum.

Back
Top Bottom