Possible help with tinnitus?

Eric is someone that I watch often. I tried the supplements that he has recommended and it didn't do anything for me. I thought this one may have some meaning for me since diabetes runs in my family. I don't have it but thought it could be a factor.
Did you have your insulin levels checked? It sounds like it is part of the issue with diet being the other.

Did you have your insulin levels checked? It sounds like it is part of the issue with diet being the other.
My doctor checks everything related to this twice a year since he knows it runs in my family. I have an appointment next week and am planning on brining this up then. I put myself on a low carb diet a few years ago. That has done wonders for improving my blood work numbers.

My doctor checks everything related to this twice a year since he knows it runs in my family. I have an appointment next week and am planning on brining this up then. I put myself on a low carb diet a few years ago. That has done wonders for improving my blood work numbers.
I need to have a panel done to see if it's a problem for me, I'm sure it is as eat a lot of sugar. I just need to know how bad.

My tinnitus is severe. But ever since I got the Covid booster my car gets worse fuel mileage. I checked Youtube and it said I should ingest Cow Dewormer if I get Covid and my tinnitus would still be bad.

My wife had the kind that's pulsing sounds, not ringing. It really bothers her sometimes.

She had an appointment with an audiologist a couple weeks ago, and her hearing itself isn't as bad as she thought, but he said that type of tinnitus can be a vascular issue, potentially a precursor to dangerous problems. She's having an MRI soon to check for those.

If you have those sorts of sounds, get checked.

My tinnitus is severe. But ever since I got the Covid booster my car gets worse fuel mileage. I checked Youtube and it said I should ingest Cow Dewormer if I get Covid and my tinnitus would still be bad.
So you think the COVID vaccine doesn't cause hearing problems in some people? or maybe it doesn't cause you to lose your sense of smell or taste? or are you one of those that doesn't believe that Ivermectin can ease the symptoms of COVID 19?

Just checking because some of us would like to find some kind of relief or god forbid a cure! Making fun of something that others are suffering from is a bad move no matter how sarcastically funny you think the comment was.

My wife got tinnitus from the COVID vaccine. Out of the blue last year she developed tinnitus. Went to see doctors, they couldn't figure out what caused it. They thought maybe an infection, etc. Gave her some steroids. Didn't help.

Then I got a news feed about "Vaccine induced tinnitus". I asked her when her tinnitus started and sure enough it was right after getting the vaccine.

Had two patients with the exact same story in recent months. Rather rare side effect overall, but there is certainly some ototoxic issues which we continue to learn more about as time passes

My wife had the kind that's pulsing sounds, not ringing. It really bothers her sometimes.

She had an appointment with an audiologist a couple weeks ago, and her hearing itself isn't as bad as she thought, but he said that type of tinnitus can be a vascular issue, potentially a precursor to dangerous problems. She's having an MRI soon to check for those.

Very good she is getting that checked out! True pulsatile tinnitus is usually quite rare but can often be a symptom of a glomus tumor. Luckily modern imaging is very good at detecting them and if caught early there are multiple effective intervention options with good outcomes. Don’t say any of that to scare you, but it’s one of those real “red flag” symptoms that need to be taken seriously and without delay

Very good she is getting that checked out! True pulsatile tinnitus is usually quite rare but can often be a symptom of a glomus tumor. Luckily modern imaging is very good at detecting them and if caught early there are multiple effective intervention options with good outcomes. Don’t say any of that to scare you, but it’s one of those real “red flag” symptoms that need to be taken seriously and without delay
June 11 is the earliest we could get. But they really don't think the Bad Thing is likely, so hopefully she'll be ok.

I didn't initially describe mine since others I have talked to don't have some of the symptoms that I have and I have determined it is pretty uncommon. This post is the closest I have heard from someone else. The best way I can describe mine is that I have a constant ringing and have actually determined that it is more than one frequency. However, I think the frequencies are octaves of each other. Along with that I hear what I can best describe is like the sound of a cicada along with it. I would also say that I also have some sounds mixed in that you may hear wildlife make at night around a water area where there are a lot of trees. I am not sure what exact animals make the noises I hear but that is the closest I can describe it. I can pick out a few different sounds if I take the time to think about it and listen.

Where this is kind of hitting home right now is that my doctor was talking to me about sending me for a test that is a more in depth scan than a stress test. It is going to cost me some money out of pocket because my insurance doesn't cover it so I have been dragging my feet on it a bit. I plan on discussing that with him next week at my appointment as well. After some of the things posted in this thread, I have more to bring up next week.

I sat down some time ago to figure out the “noise inside my head” and came back with the comments in the post below. I will say lack of sleep, stress AND prolonged headphones usage makes it worse. Hope it helps.

Wow, I wasn't aware of this thread. I literally have a (head) MRI w/ contrast next week related to tinnitus (and some vertigo) to rule out anything "bad" but not expecting anything to come out of it (have had CTs come back clean). I also have pulsating noise (C# ish around 8.7Khz), a really high pitch A# squeal (~14.91KHz) plus some lower volume "feedback" about a semitone lower (A, which creates some uncomfortable dissonance), but only in my left ear. Like the intro to Flying in a Blue Dream from Joe Satriani but waaaay less musical.

I use an app called "Relief" when it gets pretty bad to get some sleep, since not sleeping definitely makes it worse. Will read through the thread for other tips.

So you think the COVID vaccine doesn't cause hearing problems in some people? or maybe it doesn't cause you to lose your sense of smell or taste? or are you one of those that doesn't believe that Ivermectin can ease the symptoms of COVID 19?

Just checking because some of us would like to find some kind of relief or god forbid a cure! Making fun of something that others are suffering from is a bad move no matter how sarcastically funny you think the comment was.

Mine got worse with the first vaccine. But gradually went away. Didn’t notice an increase with the 2nd or booster. If you get Covid it can also cause tinnitus too so it not specific to the vaccine only (https://health.clevelandclinic.org/can-covid-19-cause-tinnitus/amp/).

Just wonder how folks are evaluating "worse" or "better". I find it very difficult to measure my tinnitus given the number of factors that seem to influence it not the least of which are mood and level of socialization / isolation which the pandemic drastically changed for many, and which could give the false impression of "worse"/"better" due to some specifically identifiable virus, drug .... I find that trying to find consistent connections where tinnitus is concerned is frustrating, and I think phycology plays a big role in it which is an idea that some with T are not too keen on acknowledging as a possibility (I belong to some Tinnitus forums and have seen a number of posts from incensed people whose medical pro suggested some form of psychological therapy for T). For some reason I've been blessed with a bunch of long term conditions (tinnitus, hi-bp, ...) that are all discrete and separate, but they are ALL consistently in the category of "we're not sure why it happens", "we're not sure how it happens", "there's no known treatment", "just live with it" ... Maybe I'm just f#@ked in the head.

I've had it for a while. Long enough that I can't remember when it started. Mine rings at a steady 4.5K and 9K with occasional little "tings" like a small hammer hitting an anvil. Could be from stage volume back in the day or it could be from flying turbine aircraft. The volume varies from just being annoying to sometimes having to ask people to repeat themselves over how loud it is.

ENT that I saw had me try a medication called Serc (Betahistine). He said there had been about a 50/50 success rate with it. Had one patient that cured hers. For me it did nothing.

One thing I have noticed is it seems to be worse the more tired I am.

Thank you for recommending seeing an audiologist. Mine started in late 2021, a bit after my Moderna booster. I went to an Opeth concert, wore earplugs almost the whole time, and came back. (They didn’t seem too loud the moments I had them out, but I’m guessing that can still do damage?) It was also a time of acute stress. Not a big fan of concerts in general since then, and Opeth was just okay.

Since then, and possibly prior, I have had a feeling of fullness on my mid to inner ear that I believe is related. Feels like persistent swelling. ENT didn’t see anything wrong.

My doctor appointment last week didn't really reveal anything. I asked about insulin levels. He said by the bloodwork that he typically does he can tell that my insulin levels are good. He has been checking those since I came to him about 5 years ago because I shared my family history with him. I guess the next potential enlightenment may be after I book the test he wants me to take.

Anyone better with the tinnitus?
Either way, Look to NAC. N-acetyl cysteine.
A nutri-ceutical. Laboratory made amino acid and said to be the most powerful amino acid and anti-oxidant on earth. It basically fixes everything. And definetly fixed my issues.

There's no nonsense about this stuff. It fixes covid or whatever you believe about if vaccines are good or bad. It fixes a hell of a lot of other stuff too and is even more effective than ivermectin at treating whatever.

Don't have to believe me. Just try it. It reversed other issues I was having. But it is a known cure to covid and to vaccine induced injury because a lot of these injuries are caused by severely depleted glutathione levels which can branch off in to various ailments.

With me it basically cleaned out my heart arteries. People are shocked I'm athletic again. And as for covid, that stuff basically made me immune to getting a single cold or anything of the sort for the last 3 years of taking it.

It restores depleted glutathione levels by whatever is doing the damage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom