FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 6 (release candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, yeah, I understand. I just wish it would scale differently then, if for no other reason that the feel-goods lol. Instead of capping out and crapping out around 85%, make THAT 100% instead (or make the current "83%" be the new 100% so there's no way it could ever go over. Then again, some units, like the Empress ZOIA and the Poly Beebo can do wonderful things at 120% CPU lol!

Haha! How many times you get told you crazy on the weekly??? :)

Hi all. Just an update since it has been some time. The engineer who works mainly on FM3 firmware has been out sick, so hang in there and this release will make its way from beta to release as soon as possible.
Great Matt, hope he/she feels better, and please make sure to check Controller Channels and various Controller parameters not persistent through power cycle after being edited via editor (5.03b6 and latest editor, I emailed the specifics to support).

No, yeah, I understand. I just wish it would scale differently then, if for no other reason that the feel-goods lol. Instead of capping out and crapping out around 85%, make THAT 100% instead (or make the current "83%" be the new 100% so there's no way it could ever go over. Then again, some units, like the Empress ZOIA and the Poly Beebo can do wonderful things at 120% CPU lol!
A logical idea. 100% when the cpu is 100% and then it can cut the sound. For as it would be easier.

Reverb sucs too much cpu, also in economy mode. With each firmware update the unit seems to sound better but the cpu increases a little and some presets stop to work. Is dificult to live with it. Putting plexverb instead the reverb block is a good solution but it sounds diferent. I'm thinking not to update the next firmware because for me the fm3 sounds very well now

I was thinking of moving from the FM3 to the FM9, but it looks like a lot of the firmware improvements aren't making it to the FM9 just yet. Am I correct in believing that the FM9 is lagging behind the FM3 for features and updates?

I was thinking of moving from the FM3 to the FM9, but it looks like a lot of the firmware improvements aren't making it to the FM9 just yet. Am I correct in believing that the FM9 is lagging behind the FM3 for features and updates?
There are a lot more FM3 in the wild than there are FM9, that said, they both have had beta cycles and received updates lately. Two different teams are working on the FM models, but their goal is to keep all three units in lock-step as much as the hardware allows. The FM9 hasn't started shipping again, so what you perceive about revisions and updates could change radically in the future; Fractal is funny that way.

From comments Fractal made early on during shipping of the FM9 units, it sounded like the FM9 will probably pass the FM3 as far as units shipped.

From comments Fractal made early on during shipping of the FM9 units, it sounded like the FM9 will probably pass the FM3 as far as units shipped.
I would have agreed with that at one time. In fact, I 'compromised' with the FM3 because FM9s were kind of rare. But now having owned one for 8 months, I wouldn't bother moving up the price curve.

There are a lot more FM3 in the wild than there are FM9, that said, they both have had beta cycles and received updates lately. Two different teams are working on the FM models, but their goal is to keep all three units in lock-step as much as the hardware allows. The FM9 hasn't started shipping again, so what you perceive about revisions and updates could change radically in the future; Fractal is funny that way.

Thanks. I absolutely intend to change to the FM9 eventually but the question for me is whether to change now, and pay the market premium for the handful of FM9 units in the wild. I'd be willing to pay if the unit had all the latest. But if the FM9 is last on the update cycle (and understandably so) then it pushes me to stay on the FM3 rather than shell out the extra money.

Really what it comes down to, if I'm honest, is that I've been waiting for Scene Ignore for like seven years and I'm not going to pay a bunch of money if the FM9 is lagging on that and a few other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom