Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.07

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the reducing the FC switching time back to what is was before 19.06 part of the "Various other fixes and improvements" in the release notes? I'm sure I'll find out in a few hours, but I'm curious.
So far the FC switching seems to be as responsive as it used to be, so I'm a happy camper. Great bug fix update.

Although, my Axe FX III seems to be growing some tubes out that top of the unit... is that normal??? ;)

I'm coming from 19.06 beta and I heard that the official 19.06 made the songs go away so I made sure to back them up and sure enough, my setlist and songs were gone on 19.07 so I imported them and only four or five songs came through and they were scattered and the sections aren't titled anymore and my setlist won't import and you can't click on the the other setlist numbers.

Had a tough time with the 19.07 update. Never had any of this happen before. Eventually got it to take, but took me 5 or 6 tries to get it to complete the update.
1. Downloaded latest firmware 19.07.
2. Extracted syx file.
3. With Axe Edit open (v 1.11.01), I switched to an empty preset.
4. From within Axe Edit, I opened Fractal Bot
5. Loaded syx file for 19.07
6. Began file transfer
7. At 99% (or maybe even 100%) I got pop ups cascading all with the same message. After about 25-30 of them had opened, I started clicking on them, when I did, they stopped propagating. Here is the print screen after I had closed about half of them:
ErrorsUpdatingTo_v19_07_2022May07.JPG

8. Shut down Fractal Bot, shut down Axe Edit.
9. Opened Fractal Bot standalone.
10. Loaded 19.07 update file and clicked Begin.
11. The system got to about 46% and it produced a single pop up error and exited execution. Here is the print screen:
ErrorsUpdatingTo_v19_07_2022May07_02.JPG

12. System was on, was connected, did not have any power interruptions (it has several layers of power back up).
13. Tried same thing again, this time it got to about 98% and gave same pop up message and exited.
14. Turned Axe FXIII off, waited 20 seconds or so, turned it back on. It came up properly with FW 19.06.
15. Closed Fractal Bot and reopened stand alone version.
16. Tried to run 19.07 again, this time letting it download latest copy.
17. Same message at about 84%.
18. Shut down Fractal Bot, shut down Axe FXIII, restarted computer.
19. After Windows restart, powered Axe FXIII on again. It came up properly with FW 19.06
20. Started Fractal Bot, instructed it to download latest firmware, then hit Begin to start update.
21. Update completed successfully and FW 19.07 seems to be running smoothly, but I had very limited time to test it.

System is Windows 10 Pro 64bit
32 GB DDR4 RAM
M.2 system drive with 70% free space
Intel® Core™ i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (6 cores, 12 threads)
Asus X99 Sabertooth MB

No other programs were running at the time of these attempts, I had specifically closed all open programs before attempting these updates. Fractal Bot is version 3.0.13.

Hopefully, nobody else will run into this, but if you do, restart everything and start from scratch with Fractal Bot only is the best I can say if this does happen to you!

Had a tough time with the 19.07 update. Never had any of this happen before. Eventually got it to take, but took me 5 or 6 tries to get it to complete the update.
2. Extracted syx file.
6. Began file transfer
7. At 99% (or maybe even 100%) I got pop ups cascading all with the same message. After about 25-30 of them had opened, I started clicking on them, when I did, they stopped propagating. Here is the print screen after I had closed about half of them:
View attachment 101450

11. The system got to about 46% and it produced a single pop up error and exited execution. Here is the print screen:
View attachment 101451

12. System was on, was connected, did not have any power interruptions (it has several layers of power back up).
13. Tried same thing again, this time it got to about 98% and gave same pop up message and exited.
14. Turned Axe FXIII off, waited 20 seconds or so, turned it back on. It came up properly with FW 19.06.
19. After Windows restart, powered Axe FXIII on again. It came up properly with FW 19.06
20. Started Fractal Bot, instructed it to download latest firmware, then hit Begin to start update.
21. Update completed successfully and FW 19.07 seems to be running smoothly, but I had very limited time to test it.

32 GB DDR4 RAM
Asus X99 Sabertooth MB

No other programs were running at the time of these attempts, I had specifically closed all open programs before attempting these updates. Fractal Bot is version 3.0.13.

Hopefully, nobody else will run into this, but if you do, restart everything and start from scratch with Fractal Bot only is the best I can say if this does happen to you!
Usually when you have stuff like that happen with a bunch of the same boxes popping up you may have a button sticking, either on keyboard or mouse

2. Extracted syx file.
6. Began file transfer
View attachment 101450

View attachment 101451

32 GB DDR4 RAM
Asus X99 Sabertooth MB

Yeah, that sounds like Windows. You're doing something important but it always misjudges and starts some useless maintanance routines, it always chooses these moments.
I got it stopped from doing so by running a satelite tv application in a window, that keeps Win10 away from starting any pause or sleeping mode and it even don't loads updates then and it don't starts to rummage in the drives. It seems it thinks that the tv routine is important.
With the TV running I start my firmware updates or make my backups and other important stuff. I know, they recommend doing it the other way round, recommanding to turn everything else off. But did they consider, how unexpected crazy Windows is?
My best idea for you. When updating move the mouse from time to time or keep it otherwise thinking you are doing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom