FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Volumes are definitely messed up in the Amp block somehow. (5.03b2) When I first load a preset, my clean channel (B) in the amp block sounds much lower than my drive channel (C). B channel level is set to 10. If I move it to any other setting (like 8 or 11) and then back to 10 again it’s at the correct level again sound-wise. If I save it, next time I load the preset, it’s quiet again ‘till I move the control.

EDIT: I just reloaded my user bank presets via Fractal bot and the volumes are correct again. Guessing the presets had gotten messed up somehow when installing the new firmware.

EDIT AGAIN: Nope. The preset I was checking out initially sounds fine now, but others are exhibiting that same weird volume behavior. Amp block level seems to be randomly getting set to 12 when presets load even though FM3 edit shows the saved correct level setting. Moving the level knob up and back down corrects the apparent level.

EDIT YET AGAIN: Messing around with it more, it seems like the amp block level is stuck at whatever the previously loaded preset‘s amp block level was, even though it’s displaying the correct level on the dial. Moving the dial ”fixes” it… ‘Till you load a new preset.

-Aaron

Last edited:
Yep. Volumes are definitely messed up in the Amp block somehow. (5.03b2) When I first load a preset, my clean channel (B) in the amp block sounds much lower than my drive channel (C). B channel level is set to 10. If I move it to any other setting (like 8 or 11) and then back to 10 again it’s at the correct level again sound-wise. If I save it, next time I load the preset, it’s quiet again ‘till I move the control.

EDIT: I just reloaded my user bank presets via Fractal bot and the volumes are correct again. Guessing the presets had gotten messed up somehow when installing the new firmware.

EDIT AGAIN: Nope. The preset I was checking out initially sounds fine now, but others are exhibiting that same weird volume behavior. Amp block level seems to be randomly getting set to 12 when presets load even though FM3 edit shows the saved correct level setting. Moving the level knob up and back down corrects the apparent level.

EDIT YET AGAIN: Messing around with it more, it seems like the amp block level is stuck at whatever the previously loaded preset‘s amp block level was, even though it’s displaying the correct level on the dial. Moving the dial ”fixes” it… ‘Till you load a new preset.

-Aaron
So, what happens when you refresh the parameter (sounds right), and then you save the preset and reload it, is it right or wrong?

Front panel and Editor the same?

I'm frozen in 5.0.1 due to a slow Pitch Block issue when changing channels or bypassing via MIDI when running the Dual Diatonic algorithm so I can't try it.

Last edited:
Confirm strange behaviour of Amp block levels.
Did not touch the amp levels but tried to adapt levels via Out-Block Scene Levels.
After correction of levels they volume goes up or down depending from which preset I switch back to the one I've corrected.
Even if restore the preset out of backup with original settings.
When switching off and on the device the volumes come back to the initial (wrong) levels as at the state of Beta Update.
So not only the changed volumes of Scenes (Clean, Gain, Lead) but also if switching presets forth and back without changing something.
May there is a flag at new Amp block that the last level value is used instead of using the block-saved level ?

Edit:
Setup - Utilities - Upgrade All Presets.
Did some corrections via Amp Level or on other Presets via Scene Levele.
After switching forth and back of presets - same beheaviour again - Preset or Scene Volumes change drastically without that visible level values beeing changed.
If stayed in same preset the level correction works and cycling throught scenes with diferrent amp channels working.
Switching to other preset (corrected too or some not) and the volume levels of other preset that worked fine before are messed up again but in a total different way as they were at inital try before correction.
Switching off and on of device - messed up volumes and corrected levels are lost - values OK in Edit and staying to corrected values but Output Volume messed up again.

Last edited:
Tried various factory presets. There are now huge level differences between the presets (I had opened the preset leveling tool)
Some presets are so loud that they now produce digital clipping. Other extremely quiet. I have e.g. tested the Archean Preset with the 'clean' Scene. That was hardly audible (-15dB in the peaks). When I moved the level potentiometer in FM3-Edit 1.05.09 only slightly and reset it to the original value, the preset sounded normally loud again. Something is probably wrong here with the query for the saved parameters!

If I'm not mistaken, the AXE FXIII also got these changes in the amp block in the last update. Here I had no problems with extreme volume changes in the presets.

If I'm not mistaken, the AXE FXIII also got these changes in the amp block in the last update. Here I had no problems with extreme volume changes in the presets.
Sure that's an error porting the code to FM3.
A missing end tag or some simple thing that can be overseen.
It's a Beta and so this happens.

Just make sure all of this "unpleasant stuff" I see going on with this FM3 update, is totally and completely figured out & fixed before the update drops for my vastly superior FM9:cool:

Sounds good but i tryed to relevel with Preset Levelling Tool and hit save after levels are ok...

went to the next preset and did the same an so on...

Went back to the first i leveled and nothing changed.

Resarted the unit and FM3 Edit(Yes newest version) and tryed again...

same bug that it does not save changes i made .

Dont know if it`s a firmware or editor Problem.

The feeling and sound is much better and like my Axe now :cool:
have exactly the same. The sound is way better but my presets have changed in loudness; When I correct it and save it (via FM3 or FM3 edit) the sound is good. when switching preset and going back to the changed preset the loudness is back. So correcting it is not possible.

So, what happens when you refresh the parameter (sounds right), and then you save the preset and reload it, is it right or wrong?

Front panel and Editor the same?

I'm frozen in 5.0.1 due to a slow Pitch Block issue when changing channels or bypassing via MIDI when running the Dual Diatonic algorithm so I can't try it.
Saving doesn’t help. If you don’t bump the amp block levels for all channels in the preset it can actually save the wrong value, and when you reload the preset it will show the wrong level number on the display. Then, when you hit the preset again coming from a different preset, it’ll do the old thing where the actual level is different that what is displayed anyway. Pretty sure it is a bug when loading the preset. I’m not sure if other parameters are exhibiting the same behavior or not. Seems likely, but harder to test since they have a less obvious effect on the sound than the level.

This is all from the editor. Haven’t tested the front panel yet.

-Aaron

Last edited:
I have this as well, on Mac, my main preset initially has lower volume, I just touch the master amp volume, don't even adjust and it kicks in proper. i Also noticed my delay setting the same, it shows my saved setting, but the delay is much louder, I touch the mix volume, not adjust, and the setting is correct. This is done via Axe edit, i will try without edit to see if it repeats.
I Didn’t save the changes, on reboot it is the same,
yes refreshed after firmware

Is anyone else noticing that Delay and Reverb Spillover is not working from Scene-to-Scene-change ..... despite "ALL" being set in the Global Menu ?

Ben

-Aaron
We did it in messaging but me and @rglr did confirm there’s an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom