AFIII No More Tears Solo

A little Ozzy's No More Tears...Feel better Todd D. Bishop!! I gave it my best, but there's plenty of sloppiness in the fast part.
Using my Axe-Fx III and Gibson Les Paul Axcess.

Mark - great playing, as always!

If I were to critique, I'd say the fast part at ~1:00 could be cleaner by choosing a different picking pattern. Listening to the record, it sounds like there are some strategic pull-offs in there. I was having success with this pattern:

v ^ p v p

So, down, up, pull-off, down, pull-off.

Mark - great playing, as always!

If I were to critique, I'd say the fast part at ~1:00 could be cleaner by choosing a different picking pattern. Listening to the record, it sounds like there are some strategic pull-offs in there. I was having success with this pattern:

v ^ p v p

So, down, up, pull-off, down, pull-off.
I did start using that pattern and thought I had it down before I shot the video but blanked while shooting, lol. Definitely that section needs to be better on my part.

Just getting through a song while shooting is a major accomplishment for me now. The nerves start triggering Parkinson's symptoms, so I'm always thinking:
-are the tremors going to get violent in the middle of this? This is usually up to me, I can bring this shit on by worrying/nerves/self induced stress.
-are the tremors visible?
-is my camera (iPhone) on? Am I sitting in the right position? Am I "dancing" too much (caused by the meds I'm on)?
-are my tracks armed in Logic?
-don't forget to smile Mark, this is not a root canal.
The list is almost endless, lol.

Back
Top Bottom