New Pink Floyd song

Pink Floyd fan here too but I find this kind of thing laughable to be honest. If artists like this really want to help any particular cause, just donate some of your vast career earnings that you won't miss, and cut out the middle man so no need to make below par music to justify your interest.

I love Floyd but I think the song is pretty lame and boring and doesn’t justify the Floyd legacy. But good that they do this for Ukraine.

It's their version of a Ukrainian folk song. Technically, it is not their composition.

Pink Floyd fan here too but I find this kind of thing laughable to be honest. If artists like this really want to help any particular cause, just donate some of your vast career earnings that you won't miss, and cut out the middle man so no need to make below par music to justify your interest.

Wow. Just wow. The only thing laughable here is your cynical and lame perspective.
Not even sorry for saying so. How sad.

Apparently, there is no good faith in the world any longer and we have to
question everyone's motives about everything they do. Jesus Lord, didn't he
auction off his most beloved and iconic gear for charity? Yet, this is what you
have to express here about Mr. Gilmour?

Last edited:
It's their version of a Ukrainian folk song. Technically, it is not their composition.

Yes I know. I just don’t like the song and their rendition is not really on par with the rest of their material. Maybe it’s just the media hype that is created of Pink Floyd reunited that’s bothering me. There are only two original members and Waters is absent. Maybe it was better if they did it under Gilmour’s name. But I get that that wouldn’t have gotten so much attention. But I appreciate the good cause for Ukraine of course. I am only talking about the musical side here.

I've made an attempt to play the solo 😅

Regardless of my sloppy playing, I have to say that I prefer the sound of a P90 over that Tele. I have used a Harmonic Design Z90 bridge

I have applied a notch of -12dB@4500Hz over the original track to mask the crispy bleed of Gilmour's tone :p

Last edited:

They might be. I don't know that they need to get on Twitter showing them holding a check that they are giving an organization. If they bring additional dollars in via some avenue like this, it's fine. It's not costing anyone anything.

Pink Floyd is their platform, and they can use it how they god damn well please. If nothing else David and Nick
earned that privilege and right. It's not up to me (or anyone else here) to judge what they should or should not
be doing with it.

Bravo to them for giving a damn enough to do something.

I'm sure they've donated money. Most of us who do that kind of thing do so silently. We don't toot our horns. I'm curious as I'm sure others here are as well, have you donated to the cause?

Wow. Just wow. The only thing laughable here is your cynical and lame perspective.
Not even sorry for saying so. How sad.

Apparently, there is no good faith in the world any longer and we have to
question everyone's motives about everything they do. Jesus Lord, didn't he
auction off his most beloved and iconic gear for charity? Yet, this is what you
have to express here about Mr. Gilmour?
What exactly are you trying to justify? Are you just desperate to hear a new Pink Floyd track or are you desperate for Pink Floyd to help Ukraine?
I don't see your logic - if giving to a good cause is the main point, how does Pink Floyd directly donating funds NOT help? Rather than messing about releasing sub par music that probably won't raise much money anyway?

Can you not see that it's just another virtue signalling project, gladly submitted by a band that didn't cost them anything to do lol?

Just give your money if you're so invested in the cause. No one should be able to argue that. Except if you don't actually want to give the money perhaps.

They might be. I don't know that they need to get on Twitter showing them holding a check that they are giving an organization. If they bring additional dollars in via some avenue like this, it's fine. It's not costing anyone anything.
if pink floyd were donating any of their own personal money, you would know about it trust me

Pink Floyd is their platform, and they can use it how they god damn well please. If nothing else David and Nick
earned that privilege and right. It's not up to me (or anyone else here) to judge what they should or should not
be doing with it.

Bravo to them for giving a damn enough to do something.
Yes they can do as they please, including seemingly squabbling with each other most of the time, but when you release music or use 'your platform' to do something publicly, you are open to criticism by the public, particularly with half cocked efforts like this.

I'm sure they've donated money. Most of us who do that kind of thing do so silently. We don't toot our horns. I'm curious as I'm sure others here are as well, have you donated to the cause?
Have I donated to the cause? No I haven't. Instead, I've donated to the cause of paying my surging electric and energy bills, my surging food bills, my surging petrol bills. If I had Pink Floyd's money, would I release a poor charity song and donate the proceeds? Sure!

I appreciate their intent. I do. But if you're going to put your name on a song in order to raise awareness and engage fans, you might want to pick one that fans can actually relate to so they're encouraged to read the backstory and get involved.

This is the saddest thread I have read in my time on this forum.

War is happening, people have died. People are suffering. Someone attempts to use what they have to help.

And all you can muster in your finite little existence is to critique the song, the effort, and question their motivation?

YOU are the problem.

Back
Top Bottom