My Kawasaki ZRX1200R

I had a ZX9R that had been bored out to 988cc (extra 22 on each pot) by the previous owner, and a Racing Roo exhaust system added, along with various other tweaks and tunes. The thing was lightning fast. I had it for 10 years, and sold it about 3 years ago. Loved riding that thing, but common sense prevailed (aka Mrs Doc Rock) and I sold it very sadly.
It was the perfect riding position for me. I tried a Yammie R1 and nearly killed my back. Same with a Harley and sitting upright. The Kwaka was perfect.
Yours looks the goods. Kwakas are highly underrated bikes, at least here in Australia. They sell well, but don't get the glam media coverage or sport coverage such as the likes of Yammie, Honda, Ducati, and Suzukis do.
Now you've got me salivating all over again with that picture!

Last edited:
Nice! I have an 87 Concours, an 83 KZ750, and a 77 KZ650, but they all need some TLC. Love me some Kawi's!!
I grew up on Kawasaki's raced motocross as a kid, on KX's, and now I ride a Versys 650.

Not going to lie, though...I'd trade up for a Multistrada in a second, if I wasn't trying to buy a house in the worst real estate market ever...

Sold two of my three bikes last year. Selling the last one this year. Too many distracted drivers out there now.
The first vehicle I bought at 19 was a brand new Honda V45 Magna. As much as I'd like to have another cruiser at this stage of life, the way people drive keep me from getting one.

Those old ZRX bikes are a blast. My last sport bike was a CBR1000 (Honda Hurricane) - loved that bike.

I got old and went over to Harley's. I have 3 of them (one apart in the basement). Love working on bikes.
Recently started powder coating at home to refinish the engine parts.

I had her twin. Great bikes! Went from her to a ZX-11 and then to My Aprilia Caponaord that I road to Alaska.

Road King.
Had one a couple years ago, LOVE Road Kings.
I'd say keep it just in case....but you're right, driving bikes today is a heavy risk.
I have the same debate with myself all the time. That's why I like to work on them as well. Keeps me involved with bikes, without necessarily being on the road.

Sold two of my three bikes last year. Selling the last one this year. Too many distracted drivers out there now.

I sold my bike after my 1st child was born. She's 18 now. Once the youngest is off to college, I will likely ride again. 6 more years, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom