Talk box with Axe-Fx III

Nope.. There is no original guitar on that track. You can hear where I stop playing near the end.

Mark directions says this but I have a global volume set to external 1 which block do I change for talk box effect ? thanks much

The three 'regular' Presets use 2 'External Controllers'........ External #1 – 'Talk Box' Sim External #2 – Main volume

I set up 1 & 2 external pedals as global - is only the volume pedal suppose to produce the effect as setup thinking external pedal 2 is a wah but does nothing is that correct ? thanks much

You are the MAN - me needs more presets to buy please Buddy - single coil them up :)
The Single-Coil 'Axe-Fx III' and 'FM3' "Cygnus" versions of that one were added a couple of days ago.

Or are you wanting more 'Single-Coil' versions in general?

I set up 1 & 2 external pedals as global - is only the volume pedal suppose to produce the effect as setup thinking external pedal 2 is a wah but does nothing is that correct ? thanks much
This thread isn't really about me. Post in one of my 'Master' threads for the unit that you are using. I will help you there. Or PM me.
Axe-Fx III
FM3

I never buy presets to use I pick them apart to learn how to do things to make my presets better. I picked Monke's "Living on a prayer" preset because I wanted to learn how to make a great Talk box sound. He used some advanced routing but the sound is mostly in the IR. I found some of his other presets that do some cool things as well and he does some things with the modifiers you might not expect and that led me to some new ideas. personally I don't believe in selling presets but when they are a learning tool they are worth it. if you learn all the ins and out you can your presets will be really good and please you no matter if you are chasseing your own tone or someone else's. above all be creative with your music or if you play in a cover band... just make it all about your sound.

I bought Moke's preset because this song finally landed on a setlist. It's absolutely freaking brilliant and worth every penny. I grabbed a backing track (it's terribly cheesy, sorry about the vocals, not me ruining it this time!) and gave it a run-through. I think there is a place I should be using Main+Talk where I am not, though. I'll need to rewatch the video. But here's the proof... a quick and dirty run-through (live using FC-6 and Exp pedal) with my Ibanez RG1070.

I bought Moke's preset because this song finally landed on a setlist. It's absolutely freaking brilliant and worth every penny. I grabbed a backing track (it's terribly cheesy, sorry about the vocals, not me ruining it this time!) and gave it a run-through. I think there is a place I should be using Main+Talk where I am not, though. I'll need to rewatch the video. But here's the proof... a quick and dirty run-through (live using FC-6 and Exp pedal) with my Ibanez RG1070.

This is a brilliant rendition brother... Thanks!

I love it because it eliminates the very unhygienic tube entirely. It connects to your vocal mic and processes the sound. Also makes unique and interesting synth vocoder type things.

Damn I was hoping for a signature Slash talk box relic'd with saliva at some stage :(
I bought the patch to see how this guy got such a good Talk box sound and the secret sauce is in the talk box IR that he sells with the patch. Unfortunately this is a paid product so it should not be shared freely. If there is someone out there that knows how to create a Talk box IR that they wish to share then we could upload some very cool talk box patches on Axe exchange.
lol I might try to shoot an IR with the tube in my mouth...damn thing might blow out my fillings

Back
Top Bottom