Banned from TGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would bet that's it's even more nefarious than that. I believe that users like Kevin Thompson, Waterbound, et. al. are actually paid moles employed by Neural or its marketing agency. This is a known marketing technique and, while technically illegal in the US, is oft employed. Given how slimy Neural has behaved to this point I wouldn't put it past them to use this tactic.
Yep... "If you can't beat 'em, slander 'em." I'm glad I'm on this side of the fence :)

I would bet that's it's even more nefarious than that. I believe that users like Kevin Thompson, Waterbound, et. al. are actually paid moles employed by Neural or its marketing agency. This is a known marketing technique and, while technically illegal in the US, is oft employed. Given how slimy Neural has behaved to this point I wouldn't put it past them to use this tactic.
That's honestly pretty disturbing.

Makes me wonder what other gear companies deploy this 'technique' and how rampant it actually is. Have I actually been duped into purchasing because some paid gear mafia men manipulated threads and other informational sources to make me believe the gear in question was more than it actually was by silencing the opposition?

This is wild stuff right here.

I think the issue with TGP and moderation in the D&M forum, in particular, is that it does seem that none of the TGP moderators actually frequent that particular forum - whenever you see an overt "Mod" action in a thread, it is by someone who isn't a D&M forum regular and therefore isn't really au fait with the overall zeitgeist of the D&M forum.

The recent bannings of both @FractalAudio and @James Freeman, both of whom regularly posted relevant and worthwhile content in the forum, when some obvious trolls have been left to their own devices highlights this issue.
I think it's that a lot of people just don't care about those, and the ones who do get almost religious about it. Because, of course, agreeing with people on your choice in modeler obviously makes you special.

TGP is like a bunch of monkeys in a cage slinging poo at each other.
The snake-oil-y discussions in the studio and home audio forums are getting hilarious.

I really think that all of it just makes people feel special.

That's honestly pretty disturbing.

Makes me wonder what other gear companies deploy this 'technique' and how rampant it actually is. Have I actually been duped into purchasing because some paid gear mafia men manipulated threads and other informational sources to make me believe the gear in question was more than it actually was by silencing the opposition?

This is wild stuff right here.
Sadly sockpuppet/meatpuppet accounts and astroturfing are probably a lot more widespread than you realize.

The way to spot them is to look at their post history/behavior.

If a "new member" comes along; they will have an air of posting familiarity about them. Even if they don't say the same things they did before; you can tell by how comfortable they make themselves from the jump. New people usually lurk for sometime before posting. Alts jump right in and pretend they are someone new that happens to immediately know the landscape.

If a "new member" comes along; they will have an air of posting familiarity about them. Even if they don't say the same things they did before; you can tell by how comfortable they make themselves from the jump. New people usually lurk for sometime before posting. Alts jump right in and pretend they are someone new that happens to immediately know the landscape.
69qxme.jpg

I like to think I am less "dupable" given my annoyingly persistant need to see / hear / observe / understand it myself, with the object in question right in front of me, rather than be told + sold something in absolute by anyone, even a verified expert (perhaps a simultaneous strength and weakness I have) - so I tend not to see much value in the endless "which is better" opinionated dabates unless someone submits some real evidence (yup - graphs and charts...), along with some instructive interpretation that the average logically inclined, semi-smartish gear geek can understand to go along with also experiencing the concept / product... So until I'm convinced otherwise there's no darn material difference in most a those tube types gab dabbit!

I'm a woodworker. Used to be on a forum, but it's been so long I can't recall which one. What's the name of yours?

I'm a very novice woodworker and was also curious about this. @TG3K

Seems most woodworking forums I've visited are more amicable than TGP.... More geared toward helping through issues than a social platform where people 'hang out' online like TGP can be for some people.
It's familywoodworking.org. There's a lot of 'social platform' posts there since many of us have known each other (both virtually and in person) for over a decade, but folks there are always eager to offer help and advice about woodworking.

One of my comments to one of the Mods, that got me banned, was that they actually aren't present and interacting on the forum, for the most part. They only "participate" when something is reported, and then only look at the post reported versus the context of the thread in general. I'm not one to report a post unless it's blatantly racist or Anti-Semitic. Otherwise, I just laugh it off. There are many over there that report anything that even slightly offends them. At which point, the Mods tend to side with them, and suspend/ban people willy nilly.

You nailed the Mod logitistics at TGP to a "T."

I haven't been thrown out of many places in my life, either physical ones or internet ones. The few I'm not welcome at, I wear like a badge of honor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom