White noise at boot up

tjontheroad

Inspired
Anyone else experience this? Just turned on my FM9 with the 2.0 beta and was blasted with very loud white noise coming out. Made me jump out of my chair :dizzy: I'm connected via spidf to my AU Apollo X6 interface.

Reboot fixed the issue.

It should not, but the receiving side could possibly create noise if it is set to chase external wordclock and then fails to lock to SPDIF clock.
I might suggest turning it on after the FM9 is booted.

Anyone else experience this? Just turned on my FM9 with the 2.0 beta and was blasted with very loud white noise coming out. Made me jump out of my chair :dizzy: I'm connected via spidf to my AU Apollo X6 interface.

Reboot fixed the issue.
I just had this issue yesterday with my FM9 where Output 1 had no signal, and Output 3 was a blasting white noise.

However, I'm still running the original firmware (1.0). I rebooted it and it was ok. Still makes me nervous.

I just had this issue yesterday with my FM9 where Output 1 had no signal, and Output 3 was a blasting white noise.

However, I'm still running the original firmware (1.0). I rebooted it and it was ok. Still makes me nervous.

Was that right at boot up? FWIW, I've not had it happen again.

I have the same problem with my FM3, as soon as I switch on the white noise comes what is like a hiss from the speaker, as soon as the FM3 logo is gone, the noise is also gone.

Meanwhile, does anyone know the reason for this? It is quite annoying, especially when the speaker is just loud.

I’ve never had the issue, but notice that one poster since the OP said he’s using an interface, as well. Are @Nozkcb @Benjaminov and @Polluxx as connecting through interfaces? It would help to know if any other cables are connected (spdif, usb) when trying to diagnose strange or unwanted sound issues.

I’ve never had the issue, but notice that one poster since the OP said he’s using an interface, as well. Are @Nozkcb @Benjaminov and @Polluxx as connecting through interfaces? It would help to know if any other cables are connected (spdif, usb) when trying to diagnose strange or unwanted sound issues.
i tested it without usb so only power and xlr cable and the noise is there

General rule of thumb: Boot your FM9 and select your FM9 tuner if muted, then turn on your speakers. Not only will it eliminate any ambient noise, it'll save you from hearing any connective pops that could damage your speakers and be audibly disruptive.

IMHO, this is just common sense when connecting audio equipment. Power first, hardware 2nd, speakers last. Powering down, speakers first, hardware 2nd, power last.

Back
Top Bottom