32 "Scenes" Per Preset?! - Unlocking the Power of Scene Ignore - Fractal Friday #23

I understood much of the value of scene ignore when it first became implemented. But Cooper's video showed me that I'd failed to understand it's full usefulness.

If I want to switch the cab channel with my amp channel I can use the link feature and accomplish what he’s doing with amp channels with cab channels with one button right?

If I want to switch the cab channel with my amp channel I can use the link feature and accomplish what he’s doing with amp channels with cab channels with one button right?
There is no way to "link" channel changes unless you were to use a midi controller.

There is no way to "link" channel changes unless you were to use a midi controller.
Technically that isn't true; the PEDAL and SWITCH jacks are also listed alongside the MICI CCs on the MIDI/Remote>Channel page. An expression pedal isn't a realistic option, but one switch could be used to "toggle" the channel for any number of blocks in a synchronous manner. I think it would be between channels A and D, but that could work if you only needed two.

Technically that isn't true; the PEDAL and SWITCH jacks are also listed alongside the MICI CCs on the MIDI/Remote>Channel page.
Ohh... Damn, that's one I overlooked!

Didn't have time to watch the video yet so not sure if that's mentioned there.

I'm honestly a bit surprised this solution has not come up before as "linking" channel changes of multiple blocks is often requested.

I don't have a need but I want to try it out now just to see it work!

Great video Cooper. I think I'll be re-designing my presets this weekend! Lol. I think using this feature can get me down to just three or four presets.

KILLER! I just completed the master class and was intending on rebuilding my FC12 controller this weekend!! The video tears down one of the walls that was frustrating me in determining how I was going to do that!!! Thanks so much for the FFF w/ CC, you are a treasure to this community and my Fractaled mind!!!!

Thank you Cooper... very fine explanation of the new features. That " Scenes from a Rig " preset is awesome also. Is that available somewhere ? Only saw the " Scene Ignore " preset on Axechange....

Thanks for all your hard work.

I tried this after watching your video and could't get it to work right.

I have a distorted plexi on scene 1 amp channel A with the input boost on, I have a clean plexi on scene 2 amp channel B with the input boost off.

When I select scene ignore for all 4 channels of the amp, and switch scenes, the input boost comes on for every amp even though I have it turned off for the amp on channel B. This happens no matter which to the 4 amp channels I select.

With scene ignore turned on for amp channels A, B, C,D you can not turn off the input boost no matter which amp channel you switch to.

Update: Ok I found what is causing this. I have my input boost set to modifier control switch 2, so I can turn it on or off from my FC-12. With this on you get the issues I described above. The only way I could get it to work was to unattached the modifier and control switch 2 completely. So I'd have to give up my ability to turn on and off my input boost from the FC-12 if I want to use scene ignore and it work right. Unless I am missing something,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom