Travel speaker for FM3?

Hello yek
Didn’t try myself but found this that might be interesting

Blackstar Super Fly Active Mini Cab​

It has XLR input and design to work as cab extension for the super fly amp so made for Guitar
I wonder if that would work in a live situation to generate natural feedback. Mount it on a stand at guitar height, and face it when sustaining notes.

I will tell you the most crazy thing I had.

I had a BOSS GT8, and didn't have enough budget for everything.
I took my JBL FLIP (yeah yeah that portable bluetooth speaker that the kiddos love)
Connected the headphones connector with the Aux-PL adapter.
And BAM. it worked and its the most portable thing I had.

I like my Nux Mighty Air. It can take the FM3's input with the correct adapters too.
It also can act as a bluetooth speaker, which is is nice.

(I know it has built in modelling and you are not looking for that, but don't discount it just because of that. The sound quality is really quite good for it's dimensions. It also has wireless transmitter for your guitar (which will only work if you use the Nux as the modeller, so not really important for your use)

For most things travel I have found it all depends on your exact use and the compromises you want to make.

I have the NUX Mighty Air as well and love that for travelling. I also have a Snapdragon SnapAxe that I have added a neck pickup too. I have a Yamaha THR30 as well.

Someone should have a YT video with all these bluetooth speakers... How many amp shootout videos do we need already

@yek Did you ever settle on a portable speaker you were happy with? I have some travel in my future and am thinking of picking up something similar.

Not yet. I’m leaving in 4 weeks and still have to decide. Maybe it will just be headphones.

I have been looking at the Roland mobile cube and the Blackstar Fly 3, both of which can be battery powered, stereo, and have aux-in to bypass guitar amp modeling.

What's the consensus on a small travel speaker to go with the FM3?

I'm traveling coming year and will be spending time abroad for some time. I'll take the FM3 with me and I'm looking for a small speaker companion.

Sound quality is more important than volume.

iLoud from IK Multimedia?
A bluetooth stereo transmitter with a 1/4" male stereo in and a 1/4" to 1/8" stereo adapter to fit into your headphone jack. Then the best ear buds you're willing to pay for. That's the smallest and cheapest. You could put that rig in your pocket. lol Or has someone else mentioned this?

Back
Top Bottom