Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to provide an acoustic guitar simulator as one of the factory presets?
I tone matched my SG (in middle PU position) to the best sounding stand alone accoustic I could find on youtube and exported that to an IR - sounds pretty
good to me!

has there been a change in scratchpad for cabs? i dont see the option in the cab block and if i point to a user slot and audition no sound comes out
basically i cant access scratchpad from the cab block. only from the ir player

Thanks Matt. Fractal Audio rocks!
And so do the presets. I think that some of the best patch makers are involved in making these. Anytime I feel uninspired I’ll just scroll through a few for some inspiration. There is some really good stuff in there I would not come up with myself. For all FAS does, let’s crowdsource it and have @My name is mud do it in a day for $100 and put them out here for everyone. I’ll put $20 towards it.

And so do the presets. I think that some of the best patch makers are involved in making these. Anytime I feel uninspired I’ll just scroll through a few for some inspiration. There is some really good stuff in there I would not come up with myself. For all FAS does, let’s crowdsource it and have @My name is mud do it in a day for $100 and put them out here for everyone. I’ll put $20 towards it.
They say they have done it already. I said that not super seriously, just because I do it everytime for mine, so I’m used to do that. these ones are fractal’s presets, so I think they want to do them by themselves, that’s normal.
Then factory presets are demos. I don’t know why you are waiting for them that much. If you don’t like the examples, do yours ! If you cannot achieve what you want and don’t want to spend time on tweaks / want something already cooked, third parties are here for that

Last firmware update we had ideal amp control drama.
This update... perceived latency syndrome.

Now some of us hear / feel a 1ms delay?
Really?

Maybe those same super humans can feel the atmospheric pressure changes going up and down a flight of steps. Or feel the Earth spinning... hey, it spins at 1000 mph.

1ms = one thousand of a second.

But, since you know the latency is already there, you perceive it ... right?
Wrong.
Placebo is a strange thing.
Your ear can actually perceive time differences close to that small on a subconscious level. It has to do with how our directional hearing works to locate the source of a sound. If you set a cab to full spread stereo, and then introduce a delay into one side of the signal while wearing headphones, you'll see what I mean. The side without the delay will immediately sound louder even though the level is the same, because your brain is telling you that the sound is coming from that direction first.

I feel like my pinch harmonics sound/feel different. But I'm almost positive that's because I've been playing way too loud and hard today o_O

Okay, the new placement of the Output EQ in the Amp Block is wonderful, especially if you're basically just using a Mark series Boogie as is. Thanks for doing this. I happened to be at a store this afternoon playing through a Mark V 35 1 x 12" combo, and my wife said I sounded almost like I really wanted it. I told her no, that it was really nice to play out loud (I'm always on headphones because we live in a 500 ft² studio apt), and the amp sounded unbelievable, but it was just like what I have at home, only less flexible in about 1,000,000 ways. Man, that felt good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom