AXE FX III strength

This is how I have mine set up for home use. I inherited the rack and other elements with a used Axe II purchase but fell in love with it so kept it for the III. Also no harm in having a power conditioner - I live in the EU and sometimes I see readouts as low as 210 and as high as 240V.
Yes, I know the Axe is rated 100-240V but still prefer my power conditioned.

Attachments

• IMG_0915.JPEG
    IMG_0915.JPEG
    636.5 KB · Views: 31
I think it would handle the weight fine. I would put something like a sheet of rubber on top of the III. I have a loadbox on top of my Axe FX II and I don't think it knows it's even there.

These little faces were not included and, as far as I know, they are still not available at the Axe-FX III. They spontaneously emerged there, even though I religiously kept the prophylactic film protection.

Ghosts in the machine (or part of CC's consciousness). Mere prophylatics can't stop him.

As a matter of fact, juju happened. If you look careful at the picture above, you can see strange characters at the preset name :screamcat:
At that time there was no Axe-Edit, and the preset name only accepted numbers, letters and basic characters that were entered with the wheel.
These little faces were not included and, as far as I know, they are still not available at the Axe-FX III. They spontaneously emerged there, even though I religiously kept the prophylactic film protection.

I posted it at the old forum, but it remained an unsolved mystery

View attachment 97113
No animals were harmed during the experience
Hopefully FW 20.x will have the Emoji option, lol. Imagine how handy it would be to have appropriate expressions for different presets. Soft clean tones get a smiley face. Edge of breakup tones might have a more serious looking face. And the screaming lead tones would obviously get the stinkface emoji.

Get yourself a desk with some racks in it, yo

Bought one of these 11 years ago and it's been rock solid ever since. By far the best bang for your buck IMO

I don’t see the racks in that link?

Is putting the Axe on the iMac not giving electrical interference and more chances on noise?

Is putting the Axe on the iMac not giving electrical interference and more chances on noise?

I do not notice any interference when I place a laptop over or beside the Axe-FX III. The interference comes when the guitar is close to the laptop.

Looks cool, but just bought myself a new desk, electric height adjust so can stand and sit…..
I just got a sit/stand desk also and have the same size monitor. I ended up getting an adjustable monitor arm that clamps onto the desk. You might want to look into that, rather than having it directly on the unit. One downside to the Axe-fx III vs a floor unit is that you have to come up with somewhere to put it and it can end up taking up desk space or getting in the way of studio monitors. I ended up getting a larger desk top just to fit everything.

A dozen years ago I asked Fractal whether one could support an 18 lb digital recorder.

Answer: “No problem, we stack them 6 or 7 high here”

Danny W.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom