Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah. You too you notice something strange in boogies so. And @Gl4th too
Have you checked your I/o settings with the -4 or +10db in output ?
Output settings are the same as in 19.01, I just checked.

EDIT: I don’t know if is it just my impression, but I confirm it sounds so much better now. I like it way more! 😊

Last edited:
I'm missing fullness or mids in my Triaxis preset with this firmware. I recorded both in my DAW just to compare 19.01 and 19.02 and I can hear a big difference to where 19.02 actually sounds quieter for lack of mids. Not complaining but I noticed this and I like the mids better in 19.01
If your running a drive pedal check the settings, my drive pedal's drive and tone knob was set to 0 on one of my presets after the update

Just one preset? Other presets using the same drive model are ok?

All other presets are fine, the drive was the Valve Screamer VS9. I am not sure if it was my user error or a firmware update that caused this though. It is possible it happened in an earlier firmware update and I just didn't notice because I change guitars a lot. I only noticed when I used the guitar I built the patch with didn't sound correct.

It selects between two different interpolation/decimation kernels. Best Performance yields the least aliasing and best phase response at the expense of latency. This is the kernel used in prior firmwares. Min. Latency trades aliasing and phase response for reduced latency. The Amp and Drive block have about 0.5ms less latency each when using Min. Latency. You can achieve total latency of around 1.5ms or less when using Min. Latency.
I guess that this a good candidate for thr FM3 as well :)

Possible BUG.

Expression Pedal connected to FC12.

If I use the 0380 Leon's Live preset (but also few others) that have auto engage on the Wah the pedal turns on when I move it, but no longer back in bypass when I stop moving it.

If I right click to Edit Modifier (in Axe-Edit) the pedal turns off, but then when I use it again it turns on and doesn't back to bypass again until I do Edit modifier from Axe-Edit again.

EDIT: No bug, my fault.

Last edited:
Possible BUG.

Expression Pedal connected to FC12.

If I use the 0380 Leon's Live preset (but also few others) that have auto engage on the Wah the pedal turns on when I move it, but no longer back in bypass when I stop moving it.

If I right click to Edit Modifier (in Axe-Edit) the pedal turns off, but then when I use it again it turns on and doesn't back to bypass again until I do Edit modifier from Axe-Edit again.
I just tested this, and the wah is working correctly. The difference between this preset and (for example ) 59 Bassguy is that 59 BG turns off in heel down position. Leon's turns off in toe down position.

Another Possible Bug (possibly just when importing??):
I download "Growling Fenders" (ID 9486) preset form AxeChange.
Start going through the Scenes starting at Scene 1.
When I hit Scene 6 the following happens:
1. FC12 does not change to Scene 6.
2. Cracking sound when guitar is played.
3. FC12 is unresponsive.
3. Axe Edit is unresponsive.
4. Navigation on AxeIII controls are non responsive.
Reboot AxeIII and all is well again, but of course the patch I was auditioning is gone.
So I initialize the blank patch and try again. Same thing with this patch.
Is 19.02 backward compatible with patches created with older firmware? Although this patch is listed as 19.02 in the description.
Can someone else try this please.

Another Possible Bug (possibly just when importing??):
I download "Growling Fenders" (ID 9486) preset form AxeChange.
Start going through the Scenes starting at Scene 1.
When I hit Scene 6 the following happens:
1. FC12 does not change to Scene 6.
2. Cracking sound when guitar is played.
3. FC12 is unresponsive.
3. Axe Edit is unresponsive.
4. Navigation on AxeIII controls are non responsive.
Reboot AxeIII and all is well again, but of course the patch I was auditioning is gone.
So I initialize the blank patch and try again. Same thing with this patch.
Is 19.02 backward compatible with patches created with older firmware? Although this patch is listed as 19.02 in the description.
Can someone else try this please.
This sounds like CPU usage is too high. Was probably created with a Turbo and won't run on a non-Turbo.

This sounds like CPU usage is too high. Was probably created with a Turbo and won't run on a non-Turbo.

I think you may be right I just noticed that AxeEdit was in the red at 92% when it locked up.
I was surprised to see the AxeIII lock up its navigation. I am not surprised by the crackling noise.
Thanks for the reply!!!

Installed without a hitch, really enjoyed the first run-through, everything sounds stellar. Thanks Cliff & Fractal Team :)

I like the new "Added "Current Name" and "Current #" options to the display functions or Preset: Inc/Dec and Scene: Inc/Dec functions." I changed my Presets and Scenes Layouts with the new "Destination" option for both Preset and Scene Inc/Dec functions. Now, on the Preset Layout, if my increment+1 is Bank 3 and my increment-1 is Bank 1, I know I'm on Bank 2. Knowing what Preset that's next or just behind where I'm at is nice too.

So I was wondering... If I use the tap to turn on/off a drive, and hold to increment two or more channels of that block, would it be a total programming nightmare to provide a custom name for each channel so the current custom name I give for each channel would be displayed?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom