Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latency/performance switch will make for more interesting "They all sound the same" threads :p
but in this case, even though I can't hear a difference, there's a good reason for me to use the feature as I have penchant for outboard gear and so always looking far a ms of latency reduction here and there (a penny saved is a penny earned!).

It selects between two different interpolation/decimation kernels. Best Performance yields the least aliasing and best phase response at the expense of latency. This is the kernel used in prior firmwares. Min. Latency trades aliasing and phase response for reduced latency. The Amp and Drive block have about 0.5ms less latency each when using Min. Latency. You can achieve total latency of around 1.5ms or less when using Min. Latency.
Roughly what should we expect to see for total latency when using Best Performance?

Matt and I worked for over an hour. I wish it was that simple as adding a block , I appreciate your thoughts though. This one is BUG in the firmware since with this change FC12 related code was released too. So am sure something regressed there.
If you would post a preset you're working with, or let us know the name of a factory preset you're seeing this problem with, we can see if we have the same issue or can replicate it and possibly help figure out what's going on.

Last edited:
I'm missing fullness or mids in my Triaxis preset with this firmware. I recorded both in my DAW just to compare 19.01 and 19.02 and I can hear a big difference to where 19.02 actually sounds quieter for lack of mids. Not complaining but I noticed this and I like the mids better in 19.01

Every update adds more stuff than many other companies add in years. I recently switched to fractal and besides the impeccable quality of both software and hardware, I am overjoyed at how this company actually cares about their products and improves on them so regularly with these updates. other brands don't give two sh*ts about this aspect and that's why they will never reach the top FAS has reached. I got my FM3 about 3 months ago and a couple of weeks ago I got the Axe-Fx III as well. I sold everything else. Glad I made the right choice.

Thank you! Love the "Best Performance" Oversampling Mode.

Tip: leave it on "Best Performance" and forget the other option exists.

I was actually ready for this one, with stand in switch upgrade. Wow. Looking back at getting a FM3 and to now. It wasn't buzz, it was a lot of artists I am really into and respect so much. It's the little things...

Without words, this is Simply Impressive!!! massive update, the amps are sounding sooo good, FC is working like a charm

The latency/performance switch will make for more interesting "They all sound the same" threads :p
I did a brief test, I can hear a very small difference in higher frequencies for overdrive tones, but not so much for clean tones.

On the other hand, the latency difference is a bit more obvious to my finger tips. Surprisingly, I don’t always prefer the lower latency…..:confused::confused:

Updated, no problem with FC12.

I'm too lazy to go back and forth with FW, but I noticed some change in the USA JP IIC+ Yellow, it sounds better now in the preset I made. In 19.01 it had some kind of less gain compared to the "shred" mode (same settings) and when I went from normal to shred there was a significant change.

I attach my preset if someone wants to try it in 19.01 and 19.02.

Now the "Authentic" is named just "Tone", correct?

Schermata 2022-02-26 alle 09.20.37.png

Attachments

• GLQ JP-2C.syx.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I'm missing fullness or mids in my Triaxis preset with this firmware. I recorded both in my DAW just to compare 19.01 and 19.02 and I can hear a big difference to where 19.02 actually sounds quieter for lack of mids. Not complaining but I noticed this and I like the mids better in 19.01
Ah. You too you notice something strange in boogies so. And @Gl4th too
Have you checked your I/o settings with the -4 or +10db in output ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom