WOW! Is it just me or have prices sky rocketed on gear?

There is only one outcome with the current financial problem! China is having the same problem in there Real Estate market as we are. Over extended and over priced with no one to afford it!

When the caca hits the fan it will be nothing less that an epic crash of the global marketplace. I saw this vid the other day, an interesting insight for sure!

And when the Bill Collectors can not afford to mail the overdue letters any longer, we will all rejoice. At least, until we remember the grocery stores have no food in them... As the Haggard song says, "Think I'll just stay here and drink", whiles I play my Axe-FX III.

There is only one outcome with the current financial problem! China is having the same problem in there Real Estate market as we are. Over extended and over priced with no one to afford it!

When the caca hits the fan it will be nothing less that an epic crash of the global marketplace. I saw this vid the other day, an interesting insight for sure!

Seems that boom to bust to boom to bust to boom to bust is kind of the way of the world with humans at the reins.

Some of what is written here is in financial lingo beyond anything I understand, which is part of why I've never had much money. 🤦‍♂️ I'm looking at buying a house for the first time in my life (at the age of 43), and following the trends in housing is demoralizing. I don't know how housing usually correlates to general inflation, but it seems to have been a harbinger this time around.
We are somewhat in similar boats. I’ll be buying my first true home in another 2 years (married into the one we are in now). I dunno. Stuffs a little high now but even if there’s a bubble, I’m not planning on flipping the house and in 20 years it’ll be worth far more than what I paid. I’m not too worried.

Things are about to get a whole lot more expensive. Oil just hit $100 a barrel.
... :mad:
Exactly. There’s no hiding from this. It will impact everyone. You still have to eat, pay your electric bill , buy gas.

Moot point now but it didn't have to be that way, and still doesn't have to be if He'd just open up the oil & gas spigots here.

This hurts everyone's bottom line (life) and includes our wonderful hobbies.

Last edited:
... :mad:

Moot point now but it didn't have to be that way, and still doesn't have to be if He'd just open up the oil & gas spigots here.

This hurts everyone's bottom line (life) and includes our wonderful hobbies.
That's a different story lol, the US was in a far better position before that 2020 election, oh how things can in just one year - and I'm not even American, I say that as a Brit living in the UK.

Everything is a bit distorted at the moment what with high inflation plus Russia invading Ukraine, it's an odd time. Inflation is expected to reduce by late 2022 though so we will see costs start to come down a bit relative to cost of living.

That's a different story lol, the US was in a far better position before that 2020 election, oh how things can in just one year - and I'm not even American, I say that as a Brit living in the UK.

Everything is a bit distorted at the moment what with high inflation plus Russia invading Ukraine, it's an odd time. Inflation is expected to reduce by late 2022 though so we will see costs start to come down a bit relative to cost of living.
Without trying to get political I agree with your post! There are things going on that seem like they are out of control on purpose. I just hope that they can be rained back into place before total kaos happens!

Ya. Please don’t get me started. I’ll get kicked off this forum. Love & peace. Out.
Yea it's a strange set of standards. Taking about inflation is fine, just don't dare mention what causes it. Talking about covid is fine, as long as you tow the party line of vaccine good wear your mask.
Personally I think it either needs to be wide open for discussion, or THE ENTIRE Topic needs to be unallowed. But this habit of letting one viewpoint through but removing the other is pretty shitty. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth at least.

Yea it's a strange set of standards. Taking about inflation is fine, just don't dare mention what causes it. Talking about covid is fine, as long as you tow the party line of vaccine good wear your mask.
Personally I think it either needs to be wide open for discussion, or THE ENTIRE Topic needs to be unallowed. But this habit of letting one viewpoint through but removing the other is pretty shitty. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth at least.
Your ok as long as you stay on topic!

We are somewhat in similar boats. I’ll be buying my first true home in another 2 years (married into the one we are in now). I dunno. Stuffs a little high now but even if there’s a bubble, I’m not planning on flipping the house and in 20 years it’ll be worth far more than what I paid. I’m not too worried.

Best of luck Man. I keep thinking about this article, which just gave me permanent indigestion. It's pretty long, but it goes in detail about the reasons behind the housing insanity. I hate the idea of a bidding war with someone who doesn't want a piece of the American Dream, but is just looking for a good return on an investment. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom