Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.01

ok one question, I remember before in a past FW there was an option of selecting if you were playing on an amp or direct to console, I dont see it in the new FW's, only power amp modelling on/off, is there something Im missing?, I need to play live tomorrow direct to a console so I was checking here first, thanks in advance for your helpful input
Are you thinking of the FRFR/ss amp + cab setting? On the unit you can find that on the Advanced page in the amp block, in Axe-Edit in the amp block's speaker tab. The difference isn't wildly drastic, though their are changes to the overall EQ and (what I perceive as) compression/feel. I've run patches to FOH with both settings and it hasn't been an issue

But as also pointed out. you definitely want power amp modeling on and cab modeling on (both are in the Setup menu). That would not sound good disabled running into FOH.

Possible Bug; Graphic Eq 4 does not work. The Balance and Level controls work as expected, but nothing happends when I move the sliders. I have tested most of the Eq Types and they are all the same. GEQ 1-3 work as expected. I have tested using front panel and Axe Edit.
FW 19.01 (and Axe Edit III 1.10.07)

Possible Bug; Graphic Eq 4 does not work. The Balance and Level controls work as expected, but nothing happends when I move the sliders. I have tested most of the Eq Types and they are all the same. GEQ 1-3 work as expected. I have tested using front panel and Axe Edit.
humm - GEQ4 works for me on 19.01

Please post the preset.

Just tried a basic preset of In->Amp->Cab->GEQ4->Out - worked as expected. Firmware 19.01

Here are presets and system settings for my entire rig. I have tried to re-install FW 19.01 but GEQ 4 is still "dead". Please note that the Cab-block in the preset now has rather randomly selected IR's as I use some third party IR's in the original preset (Scenes 2, 5 and 6 uses "YA York 212 M65 Mix 03" and Scenes 4, 7 and 8 uses YA MES 212 V30 Mix 01" and Scene 3 use "AC20 LM" supplied by Fractal Audio). For Lead (or Solo) boost I have some block's Bypass stage controlled from lower left button on my GT22 ("Button 1").
I hope this provide sufficient information.
Thanks
Best Regards
Knut S from Norway

Attachments

• Preset 1_ FW 19_01 15_Feb_2022.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
  • III-220215-210724-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 5
  • RJM MM-GT22 settings 15 Feb 2022.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
I only could load Preset 1. but yeah. I couldnt get the graphic labeled 4 to do anything either. I only played with it for a minute or two.

I only could load Preset 1. but yeah. I couldnt get the graphic labeled 4 to do anything either. I only played with it for a minute or two.
Thanks for testing and confirming!
I got "Fractalized" in 2012 (Axe Fx II, Axe Fx II XL, FM3 + FC-6 and Axe Fx III since it first came out) so I am quite familiar with the products and I just can't see that I am doing something wrong (hopefully not PEBKAC this time.....:)). And the other three GEQ's are acting normally so.....

Thanks for testing and confirming!
I got "Fractalized" in 2012 (Axe Fx II, Axe Fx II XL, FM3 + FC-6 and Axe Fx III since it first came out) so I am quite familiar with the products and I just can't see that I am doing something wrong (hopefully not PEBKAC this time.....:)). And the other three GEQ's are acting normally so.....
Try deleting the EQ block. Save. Add it back. Does that help?

Try deleting the EQ block. Save. Add it back. Does that help?
Thanks, I tried this:
1. Deleted the the EQ block and added it back => no change
2. Deleted GEQ 4, -> inserted GEQ 1 -> made a copy of GEQ1 -> re-inserted GEQ4 -> pasted the copied EQ into GEQ4 => GEQ 4 come to life
3. Deleted the "live" GEQ 4 and re-inserted GEQ4 => "Dead" GEQ4 again
4. Some more copying and pasting => GEQ4 seems to work as expected including using it as a global block.
=> Very strange :rolleyes:

Here are presets and system settings for my entire rig. I have tried to re-install FW 19.01 but GEQ 4 is still "dead". Please note that the Cab-block in the preset now has rather randomly selected IR's as I use some third party IR's in the original preset (Scenes 2, 5 and 6 uses "YA York 212 M65 Mix 03" and Scenes 4, 7 and 8 uses YA MES 212 V30 Mix 01" and Scene 3 use "AC20 LM" supplied by Fractal Audio). For Lead (or Solo) boost I have some block's Bypass stage controlled from lower left button on my GT22 ("Button 1").
I hope this provide sufficient information.
Thanks
Best Regards
Knut S from Norway
The problem is the Mix in GEQ 4 is set to 0. However, this parameter is not exposed to the user and defaults to 100%. Did you convert this preset from another product or use a 3rd-party tool (i.e. FracTool) at any time on this preset?

ok one question, I remember before in a past FW there was an option of selecting if you were playing on an amp or direct to console, I dont see it in the new FW's, only power amp modelling on/off, is there something Im missing?, I need to play live tomorrow direct to a console so I was checking here first, thanks in advance for your helpful input
Such an option never existed, as far as I know. Are you possibly thinking of the Output Mode parameter on the Advanced page of the amp block? It has options for FRFR and SS PWR AMP + CAB. With the latter option selected, "speaker compression modeling behaves differently, relying on the speaker for compression while still simulating the interaction with the power amp."

There was never an option like that. You're probably thinking of the Global Cabinet Modeling parameter.

Thanks, I tried this:
1. Deleted the the EQ block and added it back => no change
2. Deleted GEQ 4, -> inserted GEQ 1 -> made a copy of GEQ1 -> re-inserted GEQ4 -> pasted the copied EQ into GEQ4 => GEQ 4 come to life
3. Deleted the "live" GEQ 4 and re-inserted GEQ4 => "Dead" GEQ4 again
4. Some more copying and pasting => GEQ4 seems to work as expected including using it as a global block.
=> Very strange :rolleyes:

A simple reset of the block would have solved this, probably.

The problem is the Mix in GEQ 4 is set to 0. However, this parameter is not exposed to the user and defaults to 100%. Did you convert this preset from another product or use a 3rd-party tool (i.e. FracTool) at any time on this preset?
Thank you for looking into this and please accept my apologies for claiming a possible bug which seems to be caused by something outside the Fractal products and software.
If I remember correctly this (and some other presets) came from my Axe Fx II XL and it is definitely not unlikely that FracTool was involved at some stage (e.g. setting or re-setting some parameters). I have now build some presets from scratch using all GEQs in the same preset and only GEQ4 and everything works normally.
Thank you for having invented such a great tool - it's for sure a great time to be a guitar player. I am born in 1961 and have been using various Marshall, Fender, Music Man and Vox amps before going digital so I think I have a fairly good idea of how a good tube amp sounds and reacts to playing. Especially since I got my Axe Fx III I have never looked back:) (I still have two good tube amps collecting dust......)

Had a few days off the guitar playing. Picked it up tonight again.

This firmware sounds so incredible I having a hard time believing anything but the real deal could sound this good. Absolute screaming incredible! 🙏👌
Yeah, absolutely this!
I loaded my York Audio FDMN Cab Pack and picked a BE and HBE and I totally was in heaven.

Yeah, absolutely this!
I loaded my York Audio FDMN Cab Pack and picked a BE and HBE and I totally was in heaven.
Great! I would have checked out the York IR:s if I wasn’t so heavily invested in OwnHammer 3rd party IR (got pretty much all of them). What’s your go-to?

I used to have my 3-4 favourite amps but now they all sound so stunning I just dialed them all up - every single high gain amp!

Sounds incredible on my setup with the respective matching OwnHammer IR:s 🎈

The 57-05 combined with 57-CAP or 57 FRED along with R121 is so pleasing!

Back
Top Bottom