FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rolled back the firmware to 1.0. Are you saying the updated editor improved the operation of FW2.0? Is there a correct order to install? Firmware or editor first? Just asking because I may get some time tomorrow and I'd love to be back using beta FW2.0. Thanks for all the great info!

The initial issues I ran into were when using the beta FM9 editor (v1.0.1) with the v2.0 beta firmware. It was too laggy for me to deal with.

As far as giving it another go, I used Fractal Bot to re-up to the v2 beta first. Then I installed the v 1.00.03 FM9 editor. Mostly it's fine. I've observed some of the amp screens in the editor can take a good while to display the parameter settings. Initially the knobs are just blank, but if you go look about elsewhere in the editor (like a different block, different page, etc) eventually they become visible (and editable) if you stay at it long enough. Things are running smooth for me other than what I mentioned.

Last edited:
Lol.
Seriously though, there's only 250 of us out there vs how many fm3 users. I'd expect to be the last updated.

I think it’s more of the fact that the FM9 is still in it’s infancy and there was something said recently about finding something as a result of the beta that’s taking some extra things to work out that’ll benefit us in the long run. I’d imagine the first few updates are going to be learning periods for Fractal until they figure out how to apply the updates from the III into the 9’s architecture.

Like when you move into a new house; you’ve got all your same stuff, but different places to put it. I’m still trying to figure out where to best put my surround sound speakers to get the best out of them, but it was a no-brainer in my last house.

I think it’s more of the fact that the FM9 is still in it’s infancy and there was something said recently about finding something as a result of the beta that’s taking some extra things to work out that’ll benefit us in the long run. I’d imagine the first few updates are going to be learning periods for Fractal until they figure out how to apply the updates from the III into the 9’s architecture.

Like when you move into a new house; you’ve got all your same stuff, but different places to put it. I’m still trying to figure out where to best put my surround sound speakers to get the best out of them, but it was a no-brainer in my last house.
I think I need to write my congressman a letter asking him what's holding up our FM9 update. Will be back in a few minutes.

I'm experiencing sound mute when i hit save on fm9edit, sound comes back once preset is saved
Is this a known issue?

Mine does this, too. It may be that it needs a sec or two to do the save and mutes during that time....
IIRC, the sound mute occurs because as the save is in progress, FM9-Edit and the FM9 itself are communicating with one another. You can see that at the bottom of your FM9-Edit screen as it occurs. The sound comes back once the save has completed, or hopefully, SHOULD...

Unfortunately, no first responder is going to come running if the FM9 sound doesn't come back, so you're likely going to need to find a different way to solve your problem.

Last edited:
IIRC, the sound mute occurs because as the save is in progress, FM9-Edit and the FM9 itself are communicating with one another. You can see that at the bottom of your FM9-Edit screen as it occurs. The sound comes back once the save has completed, or hopefully, SHOULD...

Unfortunately, no first responder is going to come running if the FM9 sound doesn't come back, so you're likely going to need to find a different way to solve your problem.
Never happened on my axefx3 or fm3
I guess it's a bug in the beeeeta

Actually, there was a post by Fractal at one point a while back indicating that the first batch of FM9's was a total of 250 units.

Do we know for a fact that they only got one batch?

FAS has always been very close lipped on production numbers. I seriously doubt that only 250 units were shipped in three months or so since shipping first started shipping to when they ran out - that would only be about 4 units a day. There's 100 or so listed in sold listings on Reverb alone.

But of course this is purely speculative on my part and I could be totally off base o_O.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom