Health Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:
Completed chemo and radiation treatments. Got new scans this morning and praise God the tumor has shrunk. This is great news as this means treatment is working.

Today I start the next phase of treatment which is immunotherapy once a month for the next year. Immunotherapy will basically teach my body to attack the tumor and kill any cancer cells on its own. It was also help me begin to heal and I should start to feel much better.

I’ve still got a long road ahead of me but im heading in the right direction.

Thank you guys for your prayers, well wishes and positive vibes.
Excellent news. Very happy to read this man.

Awesome news, Todd!! Although I'm not on the forum a lot lately I still find myself thinking about how you're doing. Still in a lotta folks thoughts and prayers, brother!! Thanks for the updates.

I don't know if you're able Todd, or if this is a concern of yours at this time, but as kick-ass a player as you are, and the band you have, I was wondering if you've been able to keep your chops in shape. Glad to hear the tumor has shrunk, and you're making forward progress! Prayers sent.

Sending our positive thoughts from Australia Todd!
Fantastic news - Seems you're on the right path.
Thanks for letting us know
Pauly

Update:
Completed chemo and radiation treatments. Got new scans this morning and praise God the tumor has shrunk. This is great news as this means treatment is working.

Today I start the next phase of treatment which is immunotherapy once a month for the next year. Immunotherapy will basically teach my body to attack the tumor and kill any cancer cells on its own. It was also help me begin to heal and I should start to feel much better.

Update:

Great to hear ! Good look that it is going this way.
My wife completed her 2nd Chemo right now and will get further treatment with PARP inhibitors and her tumor markers are low as never before.
Now she needs some recreation time and she is also on a good way.

Thank you everyone for the prayers and well wishes. It was great to finally get some good news. It feels good to know that the treatment is working and that we’re going in the right direction. I still have a long way to go though.

I don't know if you're able Todd, or if this is a concern of yours at this time, but as kick-ass a player as you are, and the band you have, I was wondering if you've been able to keep your chops in shape. Glad to hear the tumor has shrunk, and you're making forward progress! Prayers sent.
Unfortunately, I have not felt like playing much at all. I guess it’s just not important to me right now? I don’t know. I’ve spoken to my doctors and a therapist about it and they aren’t concerned. They pretty much agree that when I’m ready I’ll play more. It’s weird cause I still get on here and other guitar forums and still love to talk about gear.

I talked to a drummer friend who is going through throat cancer and he said he didn’t play for 7 months. I’m getting the itch to play more so hopefully now that I’m feeling a little better I will.

Update:

good to hear it, brother !

So took a downturn last week and had to stay in the hospital for a few days.
Woke up last Thursday with a 102 fever and coughing up green gook. Had pneumonia and inflammation in my lungs from my radiation treatments which is called radiation pneumonitis. Pumped me full of antibiotics and steroids and I came home 2 days ago.

While it sucked being in the hospital, I got a great pick me up from the one and only Zakk Wylde while I was there. Zakk follows my Ozzy tribute band Ozz on Instagram. My wife and I and our singer have had the pleasure to meet and hang out with him a few times.
He is an Ozz fan and we are greatly honored and humbled by that.

Zakk knows I’m fighting lung cancer and messaged our page to ask for my contact info to reach out to me. We were all blown away by this. We gave him my contact info and sure enough Zakk text me the next day. One of my biggest guitar heroes growing up text me while I’m in the hospital. To say I fan boy’ed out would be an understatement. He hoped I was feeling better and wanted my mailing address to send a Black Label care package and sends prayers. I thanked him for reaching out to me and for even thinking of me and told him I was feeling better and gave him my address. He replied that he was glad to hear I was feeling better and he’d be sending out the care package.

How many bona fide super rockstar guitar gods take the time to personally reach out to a fan in the hospital with cancer issues? Only the really special ones. Zakk is the best. He treats his fans like family.

I was feeling pretty down being in the hospital but this definitely helped to lift my spirits and take my mind off things. Below are the screenshots of his messages.
A573B369-E469-42B0-8785-F30F15A3FB5B.jpeg6213DD89-2B7A-4659-9C38-4DD352D096ED.jpeg3A2271B5-A702-4602-8F97-2C52A0C8C0B7.jpeg0CF64FFF-6434-4D78-B186-72ED8C2561D0.jpeg

That is absolutely awesome of Zakk to reach out to you. glad your out of the hospital Todd. Really hope you are on the road to recovery. You are and have been in our prayers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom