Axe-Fx III Firmware 19.00 Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can verify, from personal experience in November 2019, that when the thunder is not distant (i.e., if it hits within 15-20 feet), it has lots of mids and treble to go with that rumble - even through a wall - and there is ZERO perceivable delay between flash and bang....
Yep we’ve had some stellar storms over here in rural Aus, some claps sounded rights above our house. I personally love storms but it scared the sheep out of me! (And wasn’t quite so romantic)

One thing I noticed(and it may just be my crappy ears) is that with the new firmware the preamp tube changes make a much more significant difference. Before the difference between a 12ax7 to ef86 to 7025 was negligible. Fairly significant now. Was just jamming the 59 bassman with 7025 and was in love.

There's some crazy cool tech being used on big tours these days! One of our techs runs monitors for Luke Combs and he brought a drum tuning app to a recent live recording we did. It was crazy! We had a finicky floor tom that was ringing, and the app suggested specific tensions for the top and bottom heads to remove the ringing. Don't know what the app is called, but the drums sounded amazing!
What I really want is an app that can listen to my FoH volume relative to my duo partner and balance the volume automatically.

I can verify, from personal experience in November 2019, that when the thunder is not distant (i.e., if it hits within 15-20 feet), it has lots of mids and treble to go with that rumble - even through a wall - and there is ZERO perceivable delay between flash and bang....
I can confirm! Sitting at a traffic light, lightening hit a transformer directly above our car. Was incredibly loud, the flash and bang were completely in sync, and it scared the shit out of us! Watched it all happen through the glass of the sunroof.

Yep we’ve had some stellar storms over here in rural Aus, some claps sounded rights above our house. I personally love storms but it scared the sheep out of me! (And wasn’t quite so romantic)
I grew up in NW Louisiana, and used to love watching storms roll in (still love them), butt some can be very scary!

Loaded FW 19 b 3.

Thankfully, my favorite patch seems ok. I feel like it's slightly more present, more immediate. Nothing too dramatic.

In case some other tweaker was wondering.

One thing I noticed(and it may just be my crappy ears) is that with the new firmware the preamp tube changes make a much more significant difference. Before the difference between a 12ax7 to ef86 to 7025 was negligible. Fairly significant now. Was just jamming the 59 bassman with 7025 and was in love.

that's good to hear

I can confirm! Sitting at a traffic light, lightening hit a transformer directly above our car. Was incredibly loud, the flash and bang were completely in sync, and it scared the shit out of us! Watched it all happen through the glass of the sunroof.
I was sitting on the loo at ~6am, barely awake when it hit our neighbors' roof, 15 feet outside my window. I levitated in a seated position. The stray voltage took out the USB plug on my first AxeFX3. Shortly thereafter, four friartucks arrived to put their roof out. Not sure if it was Thor, Zeus, or Raijin, but one of them was displeased with the neighbors....

Last edited:
We get those here, too.
View attachment 94353

June 2017, 19th Ave., about half a mile north of Baseline Rd., while moving into the previous house....
That be hot. I was a Tucsonan in grad school then a Phoenician for a decade+ before moving to Portland, but 130 is horror.

It has been said that 116 in Portland and Seattle (121 in BC Canada!) was climatically impossible several decades ago.

We get those here, too.
View attachment 94353

June 2017, 19th Ave., about half a mile north of Baseline Rd., while moving into the previous house....

For us northerners, that is a truly, truly, horrifying temperature. -30C/F is no fun at all, let me tell you, but 130F??? That's the temperature of our camp sauna when most people bail out of it, screaming. I can't imagine that...not....one....bit.....

It seems (sounds) to me that the Friedman BE got a bit of his mojo back with this firmware.
After a long time I did really enjoy playing the BE.
Something is still missing but I had some fun today.
Thank you!

P.S I really hope that the BE Deluxe will come back
Seems odd, but anything that seems to be a Marshall or some derivative of that amp type sounds muddy with both my Charvel's with JB's. Was never an issue before.

Seems odd, but anything that seems to be a Marshall or some derivative of that amp type sounds muddy with both my Charvel's with JB's. Was never an issue before.
I haven’t tried the Marshalls yet because I don’t use them that much.
The Friedman is based on a Marshall circuit and it sounds awesome (again).

I once used science and logic to determine the answer to this immediate sonic questioning.

I ate a nice big bowl of chicken soup...
Directly afterward, while playing in my studio, all my Axe-Fx III presets to use a metaphor, sounded thin watery.,

Moments later I decided to eat a nice thick well done steak, and a salad with plenty of croutons,...
I went back to my studio and my AXE-FX III and cranked it up...
Much to my surprize, all my presets sounded nice and beefy with plenty of crunch.

Conclusion:
This experiment irrevocably proves...
Preset behavior is quite obviously dependent on what one eats for dinner,...
So...'Bon Appetit'!

Last edited:
I second this. The only real Marshall I had that sounded too bright was a DSL I returned.
Definitely! I had several Marshalls, I started with the JCM800, JCM900 Dual Reverb, JVM410 and DSL and I returned the DSL as well, too bright and flubby bass.
But it can for shure also depend on which IR or cab you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom