Axe-Fx III Firmware 19.00 Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's my ears but I don't hear anymore the slightly darker tone that I heard in some amps with beta2 and it seems it sounds even better now overall.
Any change regarding that or is it just my imagination?

Maybe it's my ears but I don't hear anymore the slightly darker tone that I heard in some amps with beta2 and it seems it sounds even better now overall.
Any change regarding that or is it just my imagination?
Imagination. Beta 3 amp modeling is identical to Beta 2. Only difference are some bug fixes in the other blocks.

Hearing is subjective. Changes from day-to-day.

Would love to hear some comparison recordings because my ears have not the slightest clue what is different
I just did a comparison recording. I'm hearing a little more breakup in the low end, and maybe a slightly softer upper midrange in the new FW (I recorded with 19.02 last night before 19.03 came out). I need to listen to it a bit more, and on different source monitors (only used headphones so far).

FW19.02 is first and panned slightly left, alternating every couple bars with FW18.02 panned slightly right. Recorded via USB directly into Logic with no processing.

I just did a comparison recording. I'm hearing a little more breakup in the low end, and maybe a slightly softer upper midrange in the new FW (I recorded with 19.02 last night before 19.03 came out). I need to listen to it a bit more, and on different source monitors (only used headphones so far).

FW19.02 is first and panned slightly left, alternating every couple bars with FW18.02 panned slightly right. Recorded via USB directly into Logic with no processing.

That's cool sounding - definitely got the vibe of standing on a stage In a stadium. :)

Sounds beautiful with all the gorgeous reverb but I can't tell much difference with all the wash, although the left channel sounds a little louder generally.

Sounds beautiful with all the gorgeous reverb but I can't tell much difference with all the wash, although the left channel sounds a little louder generally.
Thanks! It’s a part from a song we play at my church. Both tales are exactly the same volume, but I think what you hear is the added low end from 19.02.

Sounds great! What dirt pedal(s) are you using, and which amp model? It's nice and thick but with enough hair to not get overly honky.

Listening in cans, I had the opposite experience... sort of. Rt pan wasn't necessarily "louder," but seemed like it had a much more abrasive and stronger fundamental. Left ear was happier.

Really excited about this release. I rarely notice an actual tonal difference anymore, but this seems to clearly make an impact!

Is that the DC30 model btw?

Thanks! It’s a part from a song we play at my church. Both tales are exactly the same volume, but I think what you hear is the added low end from 19.02.
Thats funny. I'm hearing the right channel slightly louder as it seems a little more abrasive in the upper mids whereas the new beta sounds a bit sweeter there. I'm listening on Acoustic Energy AE22's which are kinda modern NS10ish, quite mid revealing.
Edit. Wrote this before reading Rotti's post. What he said :)

Listening in cans, I had the opposite experience... sort of. Rt pan wasn't necessarily "louder," but seemed like it had a much more abrasive and stronger fundamental. Left ear was happier.

Really excited about this release. I rarely notice an actual tonal difference anymore, but this seems to clearly make an impact!

Is that the DC30 model btw?

Thats funny. I'm hearing the right channel slightly louder as it seems a little more abrasive in the upper mids whereas the new beta sounds a bit sweeter there. I'm listening on Acoustic Energy AE22's which are kinda modern NS10ish, quite mid revealing.
Edit. Wrote this before reading Rotti's post. What he said :)
Interesting! I'm hearing it the other way around, but my cans (Sennheiser 650) are low/low-mid heavy and warmer up top (I even swapped ears to make sure I wasn't hearing something that wasn't there). I'll listen on my Adam's later tonight.

It is the DC30 model. FWIW, on my Kali LP6's (which is what I monitor the Axe III through) I initially preferred the FW18 to the new one as 18.02 seemed to have a little more punch, and clarity, but also a little more gain. I'm going to load FW19.03 tonight but will record something else in 18.02 before I do (I always jump the gun to the new FW, then wonder if I'm reloading the old FW and backups correctly to get a proper comparison :oops: :D).

Last edited:
Sounds great! What dirt pedal(s) are you using, and which amp model? It's nice and thick but with enough hair to not get overly honky.
Thanks! The model is the DC30 EF86 channel. That was my main amp for about 6 years and is always home base for me. I'm one of those weirdos that runs analog pedals in front of the Axe III, haha, because I always ran my pedals in front of my real amps. I love the break up from the delay and verb. The drives are the Bluesbreaker side of the Duelist for the first phrase, then both sides (2nd side is a TS) of the Duelist the 2nd time through to the end.

Doesn't seem likely considering…
Imagination. Beta 3 amp modeling is identical to Beta 2. Only difference are some bug fixes in the other blocks.

Hearing is subjective. Changes from day-to-day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom