FM3 Firmware Version 5.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing some weird low-frequency oscillation coming from the Double Verb Vibrato AMP model.

The OUT1 block has a CS for the output level that seems to be interacting with the AMP block. Removing the CS or bypassing either block stops it. I use this same OUT block in a bunch of other presets without problem so it seems to be tied to the Double Verb Vibrato. I have another preset with the same AMP and OUT1 block that does the same thing. I suspect the sound is tied to the strobing of the FC6; Switch 2 has a hold function to toggle CS1.

The attached archive has a minimal preset, the system+gb+fc backup and the all-layouts controller export.

This could be tied to https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-firmware-version-5-00-beta-1.180079/post-2201830.
Thanks for the preset and setting. Will take a look.

The Modern preamp type in the cab block seems tot have a very different drive knob behavior compared to 4.01. A previous preset with plenty of drive in that preamp type sounds completely distorted and shows red clipping in the preamp VU meter in fm3 edit. This seems unrelated to beta changes and may need further investigation...

Last edited:
Second this; the tuner AND mini tuner seem really jumpy/choppy. I don't know if this is even tangentially connected to what's making the Virtual Capo as stellar as it is now, but if it is, PLEASE don't fix it :D
Silly question. Do you roll of your tone knob when using the tuner? I do this with any tuner and it helps tremendously. Neck pickup and rolled of tone is the way

Silly question. Do you roll of your tone knob when using the tuner? I do this with any tuner and it helps tremendously. Neck pickup and rolled of tone is the way
Sometimes. Wouldn't affect this issue though; the framerate/refresh rate is much lower, making it choppy. But yes, I'll occasionally roll the tone back to have fewer overtones to confuse the tuner, not always though, since it's not always necessary.

Sometimes. Wouldn't affect this issue though; the framerate/refresh rate is much lower, making it choppy. But yes, I'll occasionally roll the tone back to have fewer overtones to confuse the tuner, not always though, since it's not always necessary.
Also I finally used the virtual capo yesterday to turn drop D into drop C and i was here for it 🔥

Something I found while messing around with the pitch block:
Independent of the type, the Detector Source allows a type Smooth. After looking in the block guide, I think this should be in the "Pitch Tracking" category.

Haven't had much time with the Beta release but what I've noticed is that the FM3 Edit is MUCH slower on startup. Takes forever to "read block definitions and cabinet names" etc.

Also, one thing I don't quite understand. Why are so many new "Types" in the Plex Delay and Multitap Delay for example? Shouldn't this have been put into the Block Library category? It's a bit confusing/cluttered this way. It used to be that each Type had its own soundscape to work from, but now there are many "Types" within the same soundscape, no?

Not firmware related but some of my computers USB ports cause my FM3 screen to light up when it's not turned on. Can this cause damage? It happened with my desktop and my laptop.

My Fm3 freezes more with every upgrade, and in my case a bit laggy too with high CPU. But I tried that with my computer conected only. I'll try without the computer and the edit program and if the Fm3 freezes again I'll write here in the forum
I am having the same issues for many firmware versions. I also just added an FC6 and it freezes up to with the FM3 as well.

Had a rehearsal on the beta last night, OMG9 setup behaved impeccably and sounded amazing. It felt a bit snappier when connected to FM3 edit as well which is cool, no idea if anything's changed on that front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom