Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
I'm in! I didn't notice the arrow. But i already tried to switch them yesterday and it wasn't working. Most likely because i was paired in widi app or something. Thank you. 👍
Screenshot_20211018-121237.jpg

I never fully realized that Fracpad can initiate firmware updates too. This means that it can act as a recovery tool on the road, using just USB+OTG to connect my iPhone or iPad to my Axe-Fx III. Also, FracPad can restore backups (banks and presets). No laptop needed.

To do this, a firmware file, bank file or preset file in .SYX format has to be present in the Fracpad folder on the phone or tablet. Otherwise the File Load menu entry will stay dimmed.

Last edited:
I never fully realized that Fracpad can initiate firmware updates too. This means that it can act as a recovery tool on the road, using just USB+OTG to connect my iPhone or iPad to my Axe-Fx III. Also, FracPad can restore backups (banks and presets). No laptop needed.

To do this, a firmware file, bank file or preset file in .SYX format has to be present in the Fracpad folder on the phone or tablet. Otherwise the File Load menu entry will stay dimmed.
Cool discovery! @AlGrenadine's software always seems to have another capability one centimeter below the surface.

Last edited:
How do I export / import a preset?
What I tried:
1.) I selected a preset.
FracPad displays the preset nicely, with all blocks, parameters, etc.
2.) I clicked the menu symbol at the very top left and choose "Save preset to file".
A file browser opened, I could succesfully save a *.syx file.

My attempt to restore:
3.) I select an empty preset.
4.) I clicked the menu symbol at the very top left, choose "Load file".
A file browser opened and I selected the previously saved *.syx file.
A progress bar appears and the MIDI IN led on my Axe FX III blinks.
But the preset selected in 3.) the remains empty, both in the Axe FX III as well as in the GUI of FracPad.
Using the "SAVE" Button in FracPad makes no difference.

I also tried to reeimport the *.syx file using "Restore Axe FX III".
I also cleared the original preset at its original preset number selected in 1.) and then tried to reeimport the *.syx file to its original preset number. No success.
I have no problems saving / restoring presets using Fractal-Bot

I use Axe FX III with Firmware 17.2 and FracPad 3.40 on Windows 7 with USB Driver 5.12.

How do I export / import a preset?
What I tried:
1.) I selected a preset.
FracPad displays the preset nicely, with all blocks, parameters, etc.
2.) I clicked the menu symbol at the very top left and choose "Save preset to file".
A file browser opened, I could succesfully save a *.syx file.

My attempt to restore:
3.) I select an empty preset.
4.) I clicked the menu symbol at the very top left, choose "Load file".
A file browser opened and I selected the previously saved *.syx file.
A progress bar appears and the MIDI IN led on my Axe FX III blinks.
But the preset selected in 3.) the remains empty, both in the Axe FX III as well as in the GUI of FracPad.
Using the "SAVE" Button in FracPad makes no difference.

I also tried to reeimport the *.syx file using "Restore Axe FX III".
I also cleared the original preset at its original preset number selected in 1.) and then tried to reeimport the *.syx file to its original preset number. No success.
I have no problems saving / restoring presets using Fractal-Bot

I use Axe FX III with Firmware 17.2 and FracPad 3.40 on Windows 7 with USB Driver 5.12.
This is the correct way but FracPad does not support 17.02 yet, neither 17 nor 17.01 so...

I have the 'Confirm Save/Revert' option checked in the settings of Fracpad iOS/iPad. When I try to save or revert a preset the GUI hangs up. However if I put Fracpad in the background by pressing 'Home' button on the iPad and then bring Fracpad back to the foreground a "Confirm save yes/no" sort of dialog appears in the center of the screen. However, the buttons are non-responsive. I have to quit the application (double-tap home button and swipe the app away).

If I don't have the Confirm Save/Revert setting enabled, saving and reverting feature works fine. I'm new to AxeFX, so would rather have the confirmation dialog if possible. Has anyone else seen this, is there a workaround that lets me keep the option enabled, etc?

Let me know if there's a more appropriate forum for Fracpad tech support. I came to this thread via the Wiki article on Fracpad

Details on the system:
FracPad 3.40, iOS 15.1 on iPad (9th gen)
AxeFX 3 mk2, firmware 17.02. Problem also occurs in 17.01 and 16.04. I've never tried 17.0
Problem occurs with both bluetooth and USB connection.

Thanks

I have the 'Confirm Save/Revert' option checked in the settings of Fracpad iOS/iPad. When I try to save or revert a preset the GUI hangs up. However if I put Fracpad in the background by pressing 'Home' button on the iPad and then bring Fracpad back to the foreground a "Confirm save yes/no" sort of dialog appears in the center of the screen. However, the buttons are non-responsive. I have to quit the application (double-tap home button and swipe the app away).

If I don't have the Confirm Save/Revert setting enabled, saving and reverting feature works fine. I'm new to AxeFX, so would rather have the confirmation dialog if possible. Has anyone else seen this, is there a workaround that lets me keep the option enabled, etc?

Let me know if there's a more appropriate forum for Fracpad tech support. I came to this thread via the Wiki article on Fracpad

Details on the system:
FracPad 3.40, iOS 15.1 on iPad (9th gen)
AxeFX 3 mk2, firmware 17.02. Problem also occurs in 17.01 and 16.04. I've never tried 17.0
Problem occurs with both bluetooth and USB connection.

Thanks
Looks like a bug when popping the dialog window, will try to reproduce

I cannot seem to connect my AxeFx 3 to Fracpad (Demo) on a Samsung Galsxy S21 (Android 11). Although the Axe shows up as an audio device in Android, there seems to be no connection established in Fracpad(see screenshots attached).
Both the USB-OTG as well as the USB cable are working, as I checked them independently.

I also included a screenshot of the Log screen as there are some points that seem strange to me.

Hope anyone can help in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211116-142035.jpg
    Screenshot_20211116-142035.jpg
    620.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20211116-141948_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20211116-141948_One UI Home.jpg
    483 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20211116-141931.jpg
    Screenshot_20211116-141931.jpg
    643.7 KB · Views: 12
I cannot seem to connect my AxeFx 3 to Fracpad (Demo) on a Samsung Galsxy S21 (Android 11). Although the Axe shows up as an audio device in Android, there seems to be no connection established in Fracpad(see screenshots attached).
Both the USB-OTG as well as the USB cable are working, as I checked them independently.

I also included a screenshot of the Log screen as there are some points that seem strange to me.

Hope anyone can help in this regard.

Thanks in advance.
As the log states, you must allow usb access to fracpad
Also turn off Bluetooth, and kill every other app that should steal the usb port

I can't connect FracPad III 3.40 (payed version!) with my FM3 (FW 4.01). I use a iPad with iOS 15.1.
Connected per MIDI IO with ALESIS iDock. Midi connection is working in both directions, tested with MIDIwrench App.
Reinstalled the App, but nothing helps! Any Tipps?

I can't connect FracPad III 3.40 (payed version!) with my FM3 (FW 4.01). I use a iPad with iOS 15.1.
Connected per MIDI IO with ALESIS iDock. Midi connection is working in both directions, tested with MIDIwrench App.
Reinstalled the App, but nothing helps! Any Tipps?
Your midi interface probably doesn't support sysex correctly... Or isn't midi class compliant...
Use the recommended one : roland um-one

I have what is probably a dumb question. I use Fracpad and love it. But is there a way to have it display in Landscape on the iPhone? I'm having trouble making changes when it's in portrait mode on my iPhone.

Back
Top Bottom