FM3 Firmware Version 5.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI, I have had FM3 freeze up on me 5 times using 5.0 beta. One time I can say for sure that when using the Studio FF Compressor and setting the Knee to RMS froze it up every time applied, was just looking for difference in the sound when it froze... the other 2 times I was merely editing amp and efx settings and can't say for sure which it was that triggered the freeze up. Every time I was connected to my laptop USB to FM3 Edit. Win 10 i7 processor 16gb ram.
The Compressor has a bug which has been fixed for the next release. In particular RMS is not a valid selection for Knee. The valid selections are Soft, Medium, Hard.

possible bug in Pitch block when using some types like Quad Detune
the preset stop sounds
I saw your video (in spanish page) and it seems the cpu decrease aprox to 65 per cent, because when the cpu is full sometimes mute the sound and decrease to much. When you did select this Quad detune it sucs the Cpu.
I do all my presets around 85 per cent and sometimes the Fm3 has this behaviour

W
Something happened with the ultrahigh resolution of the reverb block. It has the same cpu consumption that the High resolution. With headphones there is no diference between 2 sounds

Which reverb type?

I'm seeing some weird low-frequency oscillation coming from the Double Verb Vibrato AMP model.

The OUT1 block has a CS for the output level that seems to be interacting with the AMP block. Removing the CS or bypassing either block stops it. I use this same OUT block in a bunch of other presets without problem so it seems to be tied to the Double Verb Vibrato. I have another preset with the same AMP and OUT1 block that does the same thing. I suspect the sound is tied to the strobing of the FC6; Switch 2 has a hold function to toggle CS1.

The attached archive has a minimal preset, the system+gb+fc backup and the all-layouts controller export.

This could be tied to https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-firmware-version-5-00-beta-1.180079/post-2201830.

Attachments

• Beating sound.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
The Compressor has a bug which has been fixed for the next release. In particular RMS is not a valid selection for Knee. The valid selections are Soft, Medium, Hard.
Thanks for the info... and that is what I thought when seeing the RMS, never seen that on a knee setting before. :)

It's not "inside knowledge" it's common business sense. You never make two products in your line with the exact same specs. You make a flagship product and make cheaper versions with some of the features of the most expensive unit. Look at cars, you can either buy a V6 Camaro RS or an Camaro SS with a V8. The car has the same name, and they both may have leather seats, but the engine is different which makes a huge difference. It makes no business sense to put the III CPU into the FM3 or FM9 because way less people would buy the III and the III is their big money maker. And the FM3 CPU may work for you, but it has aggravated a ton of people like myself who had to buy the III so I wouldn't pull any more of my hair out. And both units are fantastic or I wouldn't own one. I just think the FM3 CPU doesn't cut it for my needs.

Logical flaw: company exist to make money, so if the “floor Axe 3” would sell more than rack, FAS would just start selling shitloads of floor models, limiting the rack. They would still make money.
Truth is that cheaper versions exist for the people who don’t need the full set of capabilities.
Everything else is conspiracy theory, imho

I moved from Axe3 to FM3, and sometimes i miss the cpu power, but i can live with it, based on my specific needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom