AFIII Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien cover

My name is mud

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
First video of the year with my satriani preset (NKP)
backing track from the deluxe version of the album . Zero sound edit like ever ...
today I played the whole not of this earth and surfing album , I play these a lot when I was 16 , I learned so much with these tabs ... I hope I dont have destroyed the song

backing track from the deluxe version of the album . Zero sound edit like ever ...
today I played the whole not of this earth and surfing album , I play these a lot when I was 16 , I learned so much with these tabs ... I hope I dont have destroyed the song

Awesome cover dude! Love the tone. It’s like a refined version of the original.

Amazing! I listened to that album so many times as a teenager
This record was very important guitaristic-ly to me . I was maybe 15 or 16 the first time I heard it, with 3 years of guitar playing . All these sounds were extraordinary. How can you do this on guitar ? Then I bough the songbook 🤦, and all the albums and songbooks and try to learn them all . This was a step yes . This album is a must have and a must learn for those who wants to develop guitar techniques . And after all these years it still sound modern to me . I m not on instrumental music more than that, I love bands and songs etc … but satriani was a teacher to me . And it still difficult to master it after all these years .

Last edited:
Sounds awesome I really dig that song also. Satriani is incredible and an awesome teacher I wish I could play that as well as you do great video and picking Sir.

Very nice. I emailed with Joe this morning. Wonderful person and perhaps the most underrated of "the greats" (not by me).
If you will indulge me one comment about your tone it is that the wah needs adjustment. Either turn "Tracking" up or turn "Q" down.

I really loved this, dude. Great work! This is my home, one of my best and earliest memories of trying to "get gud" at guitar.

MNIM, I came home from school and played this album through (as well as I could) every day in '89. I had maybe three hours a day before Dad got home from work and I could play loud. It was a ritual!
I had just mentioned over in my Vernon Reid thread how much I wished there were backing tracks to play over. And then I found them, of course, on the Deluxe Edition remaster of Surfin.

I was about to do one of these, too, as an mp3.

I propose dueling Satriani covers, all songs and entrants welcome, and @Admin M@ should e-mail Satch and tell him Faustus is calling him out to do Satch Boogie with us. ;)

@Dr. Faustus why ? He knows you ?
Yes satch boogie is one of my favorite . I stop listening to his record after 95 eponymous record . I tried quickly the others albums but I don’t really like them like the old ones . Then as I said, I m more in bands than instrumental guitar music

Back
Top Bottom