FM3 Firmware Version 5.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ts my first time that Im posting something here.
I’m a huge fan of fractal…

But it is a shame what you guys are doing with the customers of fm3…

“The solution is buy fx3 or fm9 for new pitch/capo”. Is what I never expected to hear from you guys.

I don’t need a new pitch… I need something that is usable…

The fm3 capo is horrible, with lag and destroy your tone.

Again I’m a huge fan of fractal ( I have a fx3 in my studio and fm3 for band) but , I think you guys need to hear the community to increase the capo. Everyone that have a band need a good capo.

Best
Less than $10
451045.jpg

Yeah, I should probably pick up one of those for when I need to tune down to drop C.
Or....you could slap a capo on after tuning down.
Actually, my point is that for about $1000 USD we got a piece of gear that emulates hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment into a small unit. The FM3 does far more than my sloppy playing will ever need. I just can't see myself complaining about anything extra that is given to me for free. Especially on the lowest priced model. Sorry to anyone that was offended by my post. Personally, I am thrilled to be getting more stuff that I probably won't even get time to figure out. Peace

Or....you could slap a capo on after tuning down.
Actually, my point is that for about $1000 USD we got a piece of gear that emulates hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment into a small unit. The FM3 does far more than my sloppy playing will ever need. I just can't see myself complaining about anything extra that is given to me for free. Especially on the lowest priced model. Sorry to anyone that was offended by my post. Personally, I am thrilled to be getting more stuff that I probably won't even get time to figure out. Peace
Personally, I could give a piss about the Virtual Capo. Have you actually ever tried taking a guitar that's tuned to drop C and using a capo to tune up a step? It may work for singer/songwriters or people who only play cowboy chords, but I can assure you that it wouldn't fly for most metal or technical players.

Personally, I could give a piss about the Virtual Capo. Have you actually ever tried taking a guitar that's tuned to drop C and using a capo to tune up a step? It may work for singer/songwriters or people who only play cowboy chords, but I can assure you that it wouldn't fly for most metal or technical players.
No. I only use a capo to set up my guitar, and don't really play any other tunings. (Therefore, I really suck at slide) I realize that I was being a smart-ass. After reading about the different ways people use a virtual capo on this thread, I am having a better understanding of their disappointment. I come from a time when my tone came from the one amp and guitar that I could afford, so the FM3 never stops amazing me. I was simply frustrated that most of the posts on this thread have been about what the update doesn't have, instead of what it does have

No. I only use a capo to set up my guitar, and don't really play any other tunings. (Therefore, I really suck at slide) I realize that I was being a smart-ass. After reading about the different ways people use a virtual capo on this thread, I am having a better understanding of their disappointment. I come from a time when my tone came from the one amp and guitar that I could afford, so the FM3 never stops amazing me. I was simply frustrated that most of the posts on this thread have been about what the update doesn't have, instead of what it does have
It's all good. Welcome to the forum!

29 fret guitar. Capo 5 is standard tuning. He moves it during performance to tune lower when needed.

I dunno. The last time I tried to hit a 1-1/2 step bend with a capo attached, things weren't exactly in-tune afterwords.

Nope that doesn't work! Nor does changing tuning between sets on a floating trem guitar. (unless you wanna adjust the trem springs as well, but that's getting into the bring-another-guitar territory.)

Nope that doesn't work! Nor does changing tuning between sets on a floating trem guitar. (unless you wanna adjust the trem springs as well, but that's getting into the bring-another-guitar territory.)
And then there are buffoons like me who like to write and perform songs where the tuning changes from verse to chorus, so basically mid-song. Bought a separate pedal and all was well. Then the idiot in me noticed that with one extra pedal I could only go back and forth between two different tunings. And now I’m eyeballing the AF3. Having said that, the bang for the buck factor on al FA products is, even in Europe, second to none, as is their customer support. Free new firmware of this caliber? Thanks FAS, thanks, thanks, thanks!

And then there are buffoons like me who like to write and perform songs where the tuning changes from verse to chorus, so basically mid-song. Bought a separate pedal and all was well. Then the idiot in me noticed that with one extra pedal I could only go back and forth between two different tunings. And now I’m eyeballing the AF3. Having said that, the bang for the buck factor on al FA products is, even in Europe, second to none, as is their customer support. Free new firmware of this caliber? Thanks FAS, thanks, thanks, thanks!
That's an interesting way of justifying buying an AF3! ;) But yeah, I use its VC to play songs written on a 7-string, and switch it off for the solos. Saved me from possibly buying another guitar. 🤫 Don't tell Fractal. :tearsofjoy: So yeah, massive bang-for-the-buck.

Why not try the new buttery amp ? Here's a link for a FM3 translation from Axe Fx III patch made by MarcoFanton and shown on G66.eu. For some reason the Axe Fx III version will not load on the FM3 so I permitted myself to translate it and check with the video. Sounds killer IMHO, great amp this Buttery !

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9356

EDIT : small error in scene 2, pls change the amp channel to channel A for this scene

Last edited:
I was playing a lot with the beta yesterday and one of the things I noticed was when using the cab preamp for saturation etc. I only have to use a little before I can start to hear the impact.
Previously I was cranking to control dynamics for recording.
I'm not aware of any changes to this but of course with the power amp changes that have been done or it could be my ears messing with me.

All sounding good

Ultra high resolution in Reverb block uses the same cpu that High. I think is a mistake in the beta firmware

Any of you knows the difference between the last drive 808 od and the new one Maxoff 808?. Sounds better that drive of the last firmware?. And between the last 808 mod and the new vs9?. Thanks
I’m not 100% of the finer differences yet (haven’t read up on it yet) but the old T808 OD now uses different set of diodes (you can see this on the advanced page) which are considered to be a better version that vintage enthusiasts prefer over stock modern ones. At least that’s what I understand. The new diodes have a “T” at the end pf the name. You can switch back to the older ones and hear the difference for yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom