Remember the dead Jammit app?

Womac911

Inspired
Anyone remember the Jammit app? It operated with multitrack recordings, scrolling tabs, etc, and let you mute out instruments. A few years back, Jammit disappeared, shut down their authentication servers (which were needed to use the app at all) and ran away with the money people spend purchasing songs.

Someone went and created a clone of Jammit, called Crammit, that can use all the original Jammit files.
Both apps used 44.1k audio.

Anyone using Crammit with an AxeIII?

I seem to remember being able to use the original Jammit app with the AxeFXII, without the audio being sped up. On the AxeFXIII, the audio is sped up.
Looking for a solution.

Old Jammit promo video...

I seem to remember being able to use the original Jammit app with the AxeFXII, without the audio being sped up. On the AxeFXIII, the audio is sped up.
Looking for a solution.
The AxeFX III runs at 48k, so the speed up you're hearing is due to the samples at 44.1k being sped up to match 48k

Not sure what your options are at this point unless you can somehow get Crammit to work at 48khz.

Went to crammit site and downloaded a sample they have there. No idea how you would "play" those files. Anyone know how you would play the sample?

Hi there. I'm George, the guy who wrote the Crammit app. Crammit for Mac OS and Windows is available as a PayPal purchase directly from the jammit.ca website. It's also available on the Apple App store for iPhone and iPad. When you buy any of the apps, you get immediate access to ALL the content Jammit ever produced for Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keys, and Vocals for free. It behaves exactly as the original (without recording). Its compatible with Mac OS 11.1 and higher, Windows 7 -> Windows 11, and iOS 10 and beyond. The iOS versions also support audiobus, so you can use it in conjunction with other apps like garage band. On the Website, there use to be a purchase option for just the downloads, but that has been discontinued, as it seemed pointless, seeing as how the apps, do all the downloading, decryption, and decompression behind the scenes. As you can see from the Facebook page, there's over 1500 very, happy users!

Hi there. I'm George, the guy who wrote the Crammit app. Crammit for Mac OS and Windows is available as a PayPal purchase directly from the jammit.ca website. It's also available on the Apple App store for iPhone and iPad. When you buy any of the apps, you get immediate access to ALL the content Jammit ever produced for Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keys, and Vocals for free. It behaves exactly as the original (without recording). Its compatible with Mac OS 11.1 and higher, Windows 7 -> Windows 11, and iOS 10 and beyond. The iOS versions also support audiobus, so you can use it in conjunction with other apps like garage band. On the Website, there use to be a purchase option for just the downloads, but that has been discontinued, as it seemed pointless, seeing as how the apps, do all the downloading, decryption, and decompression behind the scenes. As you can see from the Facebook page, there's over 1500 very, happy users!
Will there be new content or just the remaining Jammit content? Also, how is the existing content legal to use given the licensing was originally given to the Jammit creators? Great to hear you’ve continuing development of this platform! Thanks!

HI Ruso.

The cost of creating new content is prohibitive for a single person operation, so unfortunately no new content. All the content (about 2000 files) was basically released into the wild several years back. There's several repositories on the web containing all the raw Jammit files. Crammit doesn't actually sell the content, it just provides a very effective means of downloading, playing, and exporting the aggregated crowdsourced files. Apple is very stringent about copyright and legality, and they have approved Crammit every time I submit, so the app isn't doing anything that violates copyright.
Some people think that Crammit actually charges for the song files, but that's not true. I've heard some pretty cranky and disparaging comments from developers who have tried to make similar apps about how the Crammit apps should be free, but I guess they have the luxury of not having to make a living. :) Creating and maintaining this thing for all those platforms is a lot of work, and there's developer accounts, domains and hosting to pay for on an annual basis, not to mention ongoing customer support. I love it though. I get a lot of messages from users who are really grateful that they can play their Jammit files again. The happy and grateful messages far outnumber the cranky ones! Haters gonna hate...
The simple fact (borne out by hundreds of user testimonials) is that people tell me that Crammit is the best option out there for everything but Android, a platform I've chosen to ignore because their audio architecture is pretty weak IMHO.
Anyway, thanks for the kind words. Rock on!

Crammit works great for me and allows use of those old Jammit files. Happy to pay for this, George, you did a great job!!

I bought into Jammit and spent a good bit of money back in the day. I'll have to look into Crammit though.
I'm a huge Pantera fan so it would be worth it for those tracks for me. :)

Back
Top Bottom