What Amp Models would you like to see added?

DARKMATTER

I was curious on what the process was for new amp models so I thought I’d start a thread to see what everyone thought and what others would want to see.

Personally I’d love to see an Omega ampworks model of the Obsidian or Granophyre, A Randall Satan, And possibly something like a Marshall Major 200w.

What about you guys?!?

I was curious on what the process was for new amp models so I thought I’d start a thread to see what everyone thought and what others would want to see.

Personally I’d love to see an Omega ampworks model of the Obsidian or Granophyre, A Randall Satan, And possibly something like a Marshall Major 200w.

What about you guys?!?
I real Marshall Silver Jubilee or the following year 25/50 not a boutique version.

Really, I think just about everything is in there.

In reality, there are but a few unique amp designs, anyway. By the 60's everyone just started to copy each other, slap on their own EQ section and change some of the voicing thru cap sizing and different model tubes. Sure..Fischer, Dumble, Soldano and others continued to make contributions, but IMO most of the groundbreaking was finished by 1972. My point? Given all the Fractal tone shaping options, if it is a certain tone you are chasing, there are probably at least six different amps in the stable that you an choose as a starting point.

Can't blame Cliff one bit if he has had enough of others' amps and would want to focus the bulk of future R&D efforts in other areas. Sorry, didn't mean to poop on the thread, but I guess I did. :)

Worst amp ever..............
Let's not bust on the Spider too hard. It's the reason I ruled out Line 6 and went for Fractal. Unfair, maybe, but impressions on gear tend to stay with us, at least they did with me, and after hearing that amp years ago, I just couldn't take a chance on the Heelix, thinking that if I ever had an issue with my tone, I'd be kicking myself for not trusting my gut. And yes, I realize tech came a long way since then, but I still couldn't shake the impression that amp and a few of their later products left on me.

Let's not bust on the Spider too hard. It's the reason I ruled out Line 6 and went for Fractal. Unfair, maybe, but impressions on gear tend to stay with us, at least they did with me, and after hearing that amp years ago, I just couldn't take a chance on the Heelix, thinking that if I ever had an issue with my tone, I'd be kicking myself for not trusting my gut. And yes, I realize tech came a long way since then, but I still couldn't shake the impression that amp and a few of their later products left on me.
Just joking about Spider. Actually, I tried it the store and I think that it got much better than it was before. I think that it offers a lot to a beginner, just like Katana.

Back
Top Bottom