Let's see those FM9 rigs!

Just a few pictures showing, my long awaited FX 9. and my appreciation for and the TEAM at Fractal Audio

"a little disorganized ,for the being at the time "

Attachments

• 03C3045D-CCBE-47C1-AA7C-14916A4CE610_1_201_a.jpeg
    03C3045D-CCBE-47C1-AA7C-14916A4CE610_1_201_a.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 237
  • IMG_2991 copy.jpg
    IMG_2991 copy.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_2985 copy.jpg
    IMG_2985 copy.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 238
I’m just using the FM9 for effects and tuning.
I’ve been putting together a simple rig and something funny happened. I like jazz so I have 3 fender amps…and was shaking my head thinking this is not what I want…then I remembered I had a Marshall JTM-45 re-issue head…plugged it into a 50 year old 15” JBL D-130F and voila, great! …didn’t expect it but you never know. The frosting on the cake though is the FM-9 and how easy to set up! Very happy…love the fm9!
1C2EA220-49A0-4E2A-A8C0-B755B5D0BF74.jpeg

My new H9 rig :) It still fits on top of the music stand I had my FM3 on. Still deciding if I need the H9; gotta get my presets all remade and try to get them sounding the same without the H9, we'll see.

View attachment 93294

I am very happy with the very inexpensive SOLUTEK toppers. They have rubber inserts that fit snug and the finish matches the FM9's casing:

Amazon product ASIN B07F784GXQ
Looks great but the H9 really looks out of place.. update us, my guess is you don't need the H9 only a FM9 now..
Happy Holidays 🎄

I’m just using the FM9 for effects and tuning.
I’ve been putting together a simple rig and something funny happened. I like jazz so I have 3 fender amps…and was shaking my head thinking this is not what I want…then I remembered I had a Marshall JTM-45 re-issue head…plugged it into a 50 year old 15” JBL D-130F and voila, great! …didn’t expect it but you never know. The frosting on the cake though is the FM-9 and how easy to set up! Very happy…love the fm9!
View attachment 92858
interesting concept

Ok, for real now:

View attachment 92179

This is a dry run of the 2 sections inside my Pelican Vault case (for which I've not yet cut the foam).

Here is the bottom view of the FM9.

I've got a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 being fed by a Temple IEC module. That powers the FM9 and the Audiofront Expression IO that's used for passing expression pedal input via midi to the FM9. The expression pedals are fed thru Temple passthru modules from the other board.

There are 3 momentary normally closed switches wired directly to TS jacks with bare 14g wire (from Romex - great idea from @Joe Bfstplk!) that are cabled to the FM9 with George Ls cables.

There are also 2 USB passthru modules for connecting my computer to the FM9 and Expression IO.

The Pedal Power 2 and Expression IO are attached with small Temple mounting plates. Everything else is directly thru the board:

View attachment 92181

And the expression pedal board:

View attachment 92184

Note that I relocated the input jacks on the 2 middle pedals to make 4 fit on the board:

View attachment 92182

Here's the other variation for the scenario that I decide to use my Axe Fx III - just swap the FM9 board for the FC-12 board.

This one is simpler - only the passthru module for feeding expression pedals into the FC-12:

View attachment 92180
God I wish I didn’t see this!
Whelp, back to the ole drawing board!
Seriously tho, that’s freaking clean. I love it. I was trying to fit every scenario on a single board and it got real heavy real quick. I think the modular design is the way to go! Thanks for posting….

My new H9 rig :) It still fits on top of the music stand I had my FM3 on. Still deciding if I need the H9; gotta get my presets all remade and try to get them sounding the same without the H9, we'll see.

View attachment 93294

I am very happy with the very inexpensive SOLUTEK toppers. They have rubber inserts that fit snug and the finish matches the FM9's casing:

I would start a fresh thread on this if I were you. Keep us posted regardless. Be interesting to hear your findings. Thanks!

Finally pulled my AX8 out of my pedal case and put the FM9 in there. Some pics showing how I mounted both units.

Is anyone using a 3rd pedal controller? I've got one connected, but haven't made any decisions as to how I'd assign it. Nor have I thought of what I'd do with a basic switch if I went that direction. There's so much that can be done using the FC system. Really well thought out.

Anyway, this is my basic bread & butter preset. I'm using input 1 & 2 so I can split my Parker's piezo & magnetic signals and route them as seen in the editor screenshot. Cheers

Photo Jan 15, 5 02 14 PM.jpgPhoto Jan 15, 4 17 55 PM.jpgPhoto Jan 15, 5 09 41 PM.jpgPhoto Jan 15, 5 11 28 PM.jpgPhoto Jan 15, 5 11 36 PM.jpgPhoto Jan 15, 5 11 49 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 5.06.41 PM.png

So I'm doing something similar to this with my looper pedal in Out/In3. I wanted the loop COMPLETELY out of the path when I'm not sending signal to the looper (like after I've already recorded loops), but I still wanted the signal from In3 to come into the FM9 while it's playing loops.

But I found I needed to use the Send/Return blocks in order to achieve it. How are you toggling between the path to Out3 and the path to the Shunt? And is everything still at unity with no bleed?

View attachment 93294

I had one of those for my FM3 rig! After a few firmware updates I found I didn't really need it. With the extra processing power of the FM9 the H9 Dark as cool looking as it is becomes pretty much redundant.

Back
Top Bottom