ordered one day too early

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd lose more than $100 on the shipping costs.
"All shipping costs are the customer's responsibility. The amount of the refund shall be the original purchase price less any shipping and handling costs."
It wouldn't 'break the deal' because the deal's already done. The customer might have some bad feelings for a while, but if it was up to me, I'd say no, but I'd send out a coupon of some sort for a future purchase.
It’s a sign of good faith for them to do that. I do this on occasion for my customers and I’ve earned a lot of return business as a result. Amounts far outweighing the “loss” of the minimal refund, simply for taking care of my customers.

It’s ok if you wouldn’t do the same, but there are countless examples of standup companies doing this for their customers, and it typically does more good than harm.

I completely feel your pain.
But when would it stop?

To be fair, the company knows it will reduce the cost the next day, they are obliged purely from a goodwill point of view to at least inform anyone placing orders literally the day before, that if they wait 24hrs, they can get the new deal. That happens all the time in sales, particularly for high value/prestige goods and customers really appreciate being informed. If you still choose to place your order with the higher price then it's your decision, but mostly nobody would do that.

Had Fractal announced the price would be going down beforehand, that would have been a more sensible approach for anyone about to place an order.

Of course, you've never complained about anything in your life, LOL!
Has nothing to do with complaining.
Complaining when talking to the manufacturer does make sense. Complaining in a forum not.
Hopefully everyone that complained when the prices go down the other day will also complain and willing to pay 100 more, when they rise a day after the order.

I wasn't whining just saying. Didn't like what I said? Sounds like you are whining.
Haha LOL! Nothing to whining here, I’m able to talk to the manufacturer and solving things. But yeah maybe a better solution for you is opening threads and waiting that someone knocks on your door with 100 bucks. LOL

I'd say 100 bucks is worth an "uuuugh" but what can you do? Its not apple stock or bitcoin, not like you're really losing any value or looking to trade it tomorrow. Fractal is easily the most giving company in terms of updates and product expansion, probably by triple. I know of no other company even close in this industry in terms of what you get after the sale. To really put this in perspective, the gear modeled is probably worth a half of a million dollars. Close sounding would be 80-90% of the real thing. Eeeeeeeh sounding is maybe 25-50% so even on the low end, you're saving what, 90% of the cost of amassing all that gear? In the grand scheme of things, you'll spend over 100 bucks in racking and cabling, easy.

So chill. Have fun and enjoy your purchase. Cook at home a few nights and you've made up the money already. Cut out Starbucks for a month, or forever. You'd be shocked at the savings there.

If the unit turns out to be great, I would think about the extra $100 spent as a tip (a gratitude) for the developers. Then I wouldn’t feel bad for paying that extra $100!

To be fair, the company knows it will reduce the cost the next day, they are obliged purely from a goodwill point of view to at least inform anyone placing orders literally the day before, that if they wait 24hrs, they can get the new deal. That happens all the time in sales, particularly for high value/prestige goods and customers really appreciate being informed. If you still choose to place your order with the higher price then it's your decision, but mostly nobody would do that.

Had Fractal announced the price would be going down beforehand, that would have been a more sensible approach for anyone about to place an order.

But if the company plans to send a message about the price decrease on the day before the actual decrease, would it then be sensible to inform customers about that planned mail on the day before the day of that mail which is a day before the actual price decrease?

And knowing that, would it then be sensible to inform customers about that on the day before the day before the day of that mail which is a day before the actual price decrease?

I get that it stings to miss out on a Benjamin by a day but I'd bet that if you give FAS a ring and kindly explain what's up they may square you away.

That said, I find it to be remarkable how transparent and forward the FAS Team is on these forums. Who doesn't want a company that's swift in its reaction to new developments or newly available materials(re: the AFIII Turbo and Holiday sale)?

But if the company plans to send a message about the price decrease on the day before the actual decrease, would it then be sensible to inform customers about that planned mail on the day before the day of that mail which is a day before the actual price decrease?

And knowing that, would it then be sensible to inform customers about that on the day before the day before the day of that mail which is a day before the actual price decrease?
And, out of fairness and equality, notices of price increases at the end of sales need advanced notices too, ad infinitum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom