Let's see those FM9 rigs!

This is really cool. Can you elaborate on your in/outs a bit more? Power in is a standard extension cord, or IEC? How is the wires powered? Thanks!
It’s a pedal power plus 2 from voodoo labs mounted below. It had a full size “courtesy outlet” that I run a short right angle IEC cable to the fm9. Then I have a powercon d size panel connector wired to a IEC cable. If you aren’t comfortable with making up these, involves taking an existing cable, cut it, expose the leads and crimp on connectors to attach to the power con connector, there are companies that will make them. But that plugs into the power in of the voodoo labs.

So when I insert and turn the powercon cable, it sends power to the voodoo lab which then sends power to the fm9 via courtesy outlet and power to my GLX wireless via barrel connector off it.

Is that the Temple soft case? What's the quality?
I have one for the Duo 24. With the FM3+FC6 or the FM9 alone, the bag got really tight when I had cables in the pocket, to the point I expect a zipper to fail.

The material quality is… ok. I much prefer my Studio Slips bags but I spec'd those for the gear without the board underneath so I can travel lighter.

I have one for the Duo 24. With the FM3+FC6 or the FM9 alone, the bag got really tight when I had cables in the pocket, to the point I expect a zipper to fail.

The material quality is… ok. I much prefer my Studio Slips bags but I spec'd those for the gear without the board underneath so I can travel lighter.
Thanks... I ended up getting a Pelican Vault V870 case.

I can put both Temple Duo 24 and Duo 17 in it, it's very protective and not too expensive plus has built-in wheels.

So I can either take my FM-9 board and expression pedal board or my FC-12 board and (the same) expression pedal board in one case... Although I expect the Axe Fx III and FC-12 are officially retired from gigs as of now ;)

IMG_0755.JPG
It's hard to call this a "rig" since it's just the FM9 sitting on a stage at its first gig the other night...but there it is, looking fabulous while our singer enraptures the crowd.

I really admire all the folks creating awesome beautifully wired up pedalboards with LED lights, switches, patch panels and stuff. But for me, the whole point of the FM9 is to NOT have or need anything else since this thing just does it all. (Except the wireless or course...) Anything else just adds size and weight which I don't want.

Then the 12-Step MIDI controller is hooked up to my MacBook which runs my keyboard rig off to the right. For triggering a sample or two here and there. It's a low enough profile that I can have my foot on the floor and hit FM9 switches without touching the 12-Step. So that's my fancy lights "rig". :D

View attachment 91902
It's hard to call this a "rig" since it's just the FM9 sitting on a stage at its first gig the other night...but there it is, looking fabulous while our singer enraptures the crowd.

I really admire all the folks creating awesome beautifully wired up pedalboards with LED lights, switches, patch panels and stuff. But for me, the whole point of the FM9 is to NOT have or need anything else since this thing just does it all. (Except the wireless or course...) Anything else just adds size and weight which I don't want.

Then the 12-Step MIDI controller is hooked up to my MacBook which runs my keyboard rig off to the right. For triggering a sample or two here and there. It's a low enough profile that I can have my foot on the floor and hit FM9 switches without touching the 12-Step. So that's my fancy lights "rig". :D
Go Cougs!

What venue is that? Spokane?

Before & After, End Rubber Feet Removed, FM9 with four corner #8 6/10 gun screws:
80WhaIv.jpg

1UezLL4.jpg
What is a "gun screw"? Different kind of thread or head shape?

What is a "gun screw"? Different kind of thread or head shape?
It's a specific type of gun part (small casing screws, uses a 2mm hex head wrench that will take a #6 washer) you'll find in upscale building and supply stores. Our local place is called IBS (Interstate Building Supply) that houses a large selection (several wall cases, actually) of various fasteners and washers, etc. I'll check my stock and see if I can find the documentation to be sure.
So you used screws to secure it to your board?
Yup. With thin appropriate sized washers to cover the perforations and hold the FM9 firmly to the board. Will check tomorrow and provide better info then.

Last edited:
Here's mine:
Ok, for real now:

0FF64929-DD0C-4000-BA73-6CA21BA5D884.jpeg

This is a dry run of the 2 sections inside my Pelican Vault case (for which I've not yet cut the foam).

Here is the bottom view of the FM9.

I've got a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 being fed by a Temple IEC module. That powers the FM9 and the Audiofront Expression IO that's used for passing expression pedal input via midi to the FM9. The expression pedals are fed thru Temple passthru modules from the other board.

There are 3 momentary normally closed switches wired directly to TS jacks with bare 14g wire (from Romex - great idea from @Joe Bfstplk!) that are cabled to the FM9 with George Ls cables.

There are also 2 USB passthru modules for connecting my computer to the FM9 and Expression IO.

The Pedal Power 2 and Expression IO are attached with small Temple mounting plates. Everything else is directly thru the board:

6C4C2A41-CBEA-4F55-9E37-DA7F61A6D617.jpeg

And the expression pedal board:

A19B28D9-FC37-489E-A3F7-149AE3DF297B.jpeg

Note that I relocated the input jacks on the 2 middle pedals to make 4 fit on the board:

38184404-5282-4771-B1EB-430C9471854F.jpeg

Here's the other variation for the scenario that I decide to use my Axe Fx III - just swap the FM9 board for the FC-12 board.

This one is simpler - only the passthru module for feeding expression pedals into the FC-12:

3DE01A99-1094-4F26-AF63-F252A4F6E84C.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom