Health Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished my last radiation treatment today. 30 radiation treatments over the last 6 weeks.
Finished chemo treatment #6 last Thursday.

I’m pretty fatigued and exhausted as to be expected I guess but overall I’m ok.

Will see my Dr tomorrow and he’ll evaluate me and let me know if he wants me to do a couple more chemo treatments or not.

Thank you guys for your continued thoughts and prayers.

🙏

I dropped in as I was thinking about you as well. Glad to hear positive news. I will keep you in my prayers and look forward to seeing you back onstage. 🎸🎸🎸

So started the next 6 week phase of treatment which is 2 big chemo doses over 6 weeks. Each dose 3 weeks apart. Had the 1st dose yesterday. Thus far during the 1st 6 weeks of treatment with weekly chemo I have been very blessed to not get sick and not lose my hair. But these 2 big doses might cause me to lose my hair. Praying it only thins it out. 🙏☹️

The doctors are pleased with how I’m doing. My labs look good. I basically feel like crap but I’m not going to complain. I know others are doing much worse than me.

Be brave for the second round my friend, and if your hair should fall, the will be back stronger and longer ;-)
Prayer for your health and for you and you wife every day: near a big man there's always a great woman, and this is the case!

Thanks for the update man, all the best going forward.
I hope you're finding the strength to pick up your guitar occasionally, to feed your soul.

Peace brother.

Thanks for the update man, all the best going forward.
I hope you're finding the strength to pick up your guitar occasionally, to feed your soul.

Peace brother.
That has been a struggle. I’ve haven’t played much since my last show when I got diagnosed the next day which was Aug. 30th. I played for a couple of hours here and there but that’s about it. My heart is just not in it right now. I still love to talk about gear and I’ve bought a couple of new guitars since then to hopefully inspire me to play more but hasn’t really worked yet.

Hopefully now that I’m done with radiation treatment every single day I’ll be ready to get back in my jam room and play some or at least edit some videos from our shows before I got sick.

That has been a struggle. I’ve haven’t played much since my last show when I got diagnosed the next day which was Aug. 30th. I played for a couple of hours here and there but that’s about it. My heart is just not in it right now. I still love to talk about gear and I’ve bought a couple of new guitars since then to hopefully inspire me to play more but hasn’t really worked yet.

Hopefully now that I’m done with radiation treatment every single day I’ll be ready to get back in my jam room and play some or at least edit some videos from our shows before I got sick.
Hope you get to be 100% better. I enjoy watching your concert videos. you do good work.

Good to see you're hitting it mate.
6 weeks will be hard, but will probably pass quickly.
If it ever pisses you off, just vent here and you can lean on a hundred or so sympathetic shoulders :)

Thanks
Pauly

So started the next 6 week phase of treatment which is 2 big chemo doses over 6 weeks. Each dose 3 weeks apart. Had the 1st dose yesterday. Thus far during the 1st 6 weeks of treatment with weekly chemo I have been very blessed to not get sick and not lose my hair. But these 2 big doses might cause me to lose my hair. Praying it only thins it out. 🙏☹️

The doctors are pleased with how I’m doing. My labs look good. I basically feel like crap but I’m not going to complain. I know others are doing much worse than me.

Hey man, I had no idea you were going through this and I posted a funny video of a guy playing crazy train with some rolled up paper tubes. Joking that it was a home video of you.

You are awesome and I love what you do. I pray for a clear bill of health and restoring to 100% soon.

Rod

Wow Todd...I haven't been on the forum much the past few months. Was taken aback by your post. You have always been a great positive presence on here and come across as a great all around dude. You seem to be doing well and taking everything in stride but, I still offer prayers and hope to you and your family. Keep that head high and know that lots of folks on here are genuinely pulling for you. Hoping you are feeling well enough to enjoy Thanksgiving with your family. Keep rocking, brother!!

Couple of old school Kramer’s!
I’ve always wanted a Kramer with a duck beak and hockey stick headstocks. Wife got them as Christmas presents for me so I can’t play them till Christmas. :confused:
View attachment 92060

This Kramer brings back memories. This is the sexier, more upscale version of my first guitar - a black Kramer Focus 2000 with a duck beak headstock. It came stock with a Floyd without fine-tuners. I eventually replaced the trem with a full-locking version. Wished I'd kept that guitar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom