Favorite “non-Marshall” Marshall amps?

Fireproof

Inspired
I’ve always read that Fractal does marshall amps the best. But there are also some great marshall clones, variants, and hot-rodded marshalls, etc.

The problem is - I’m not up to speed on those others, except Friedmans which I also love.

Anyone care to recommend some Marshall-like amps in the FM9 that I should spend some time with? Any other educational input or links are also appreciated to learn more about “non-Marshall” Marshall amps, LOL.

(FWIW - I don’t play much metal - mostly classic rock to hard rock…)

The Triple Crown Ch2 is a nice, less honky take on the Marshall thing. Came across a used TC50 in GC a few weeks ago and fell in love with it, bought it.
remD8Ocl.jpg

I had never even tried the model in the Axe3 before that. They really got the sound and feel of it. Now I use it all the time.

Wow - lots of great options to dig into. I’ve played with the SLO a bit and dig it.

Haven’t spent time with Atomica or Cameron, so will have to check those out. Wasn’t aware of the Skull Crusher at all. And I am not too familiar with all the Mesa amps so didn’t realize the TC was their take on (or similar to) Marshall.

This will be a fun weekend!! Keep ‘em coming!

Wow - lots of great options to dig into. I’ve played with the SLO a bit and dig it.

Haven’t spent time with Atomica or Cameron, so will have to check those out. Wasn’t aware of the Skull Crusher at all. And I am not too familiar with all the Mesa amps so didn’t realize the TC was their take on (or similar to) Marshall.

This will be a fun weekend!! Keep ‘em coming!
The Triple Crown is bit jack of all trades. Ch1 is Fender style cleans, Ch2 is supposed to be their British take and Ch3 is for higher gain Mesa style (Rect/Mark).
Each channel has a Drive/Tight switch (built-in TSish circuit) for 6 different channel options. I'm not too familiar with Mesa amps myself but some have a reputation for being difficult to dial in. The TC is pretty easy get good sounds on every channel, imo.

I'm recommending the BRIT800, but, maybe the BRIT Pre? Pelxi 50? yes this one is God i mean good, no substitute for the real deal imo.. USA models are exceptional too... but also like the Bogner models, this list is crazy long... https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Amplifier_models_list have fun!
Ha - right. Yeah, the list is so long so I was hoping for a bit of prioritization. I’ve received great suggestions and look forward to cranking it up this weekend!

Back
Top Bottom