KLON Drive Settings

giannishreds

Inspired
I found these settings in the forum and wiki on how to simulate a KLON Centaur drive pedal. I tried a few others and this sounded the closest.
Anyone else have luck tweaking settings that were previously shared?

FET Boost. Gain 8.51. Tone 3.91. Level 6.85.
Low Cut 79.4Hz. High Cut 1952.5Hz.
Bass -5.17dB. Mid Freq 697.3Hz. Mid 2.71dB. Treble -2.58dB
Bias 0.170. Slew Limit 6.99.
GERMANIUM. Clip Hardness 2.29. Sample Rate 33097Hz.

Saved me $5,000 :)

I found these settings in the forum and wiki on how to simulate a KLON Centaur drive pedal. I tried a few others and this sounded the closest.

I've never played a real Klon, or even a Klon clone, so I don't have anything to compare it to. But will give it a go to see how it sounds.

This is a modified Dee Cee 30 factory preset "Crunch" scene. The first is with those settings. The second is with my BYOC Silver Pony (kit clone) out front of Axe FX 3. You can roughly see my settings in the thumbnail. I had to turn the level down on the pedal to not clip my input of the Axe.

This is definitely Klon like and useful but still isn't an exact Klon. To me it's more of a Klon at lower gain settings which is definitely useful. Klons also blend in the clean to a degree (which can possibly be simulated with the Mix control - I haven't messed with it yet).

I hope Fractal makes a proper Klon model one day. It's the one OD pedal I miss going pedal-less.

This is definitely Klon like and useful but still isn't an exact Klon. To me it's more of a Klon at lower gain settings which is definitely useful. Klons also blend in the clean to a degree (which can possibly be simulated with the Mix control - I haven't messed with it yet).

I hope Fractal makes a proper Klon model one day. It's the one OD pedal I miss going pedal-less.
Yeah I would definitely try low Mix for a Klon preset.

When I first had an AX8, fractal swore that they would never put a Klon pedal in their systems. I guess they stuck to their guns despite the demand. Silly in my view.

When I first had an AX8, fractal swore that they would never put a Klon pedal in their systems. I guess they stuck to their guns despite the demand. Silly in my view.

I think it's pretty funny, really.

I think Cliff mentioned he bought one of the newer ones a while back but there's something humorous I find about not giving into the demand/hype around that pedal.

Cliff is like that, not saying it’s a bad or a good thing, I personally think it’s a bit of both. But there are some things he seems dead set against.

1- Klon
2-HM2
3-Separate Poweramp Models
4-Rockman
5-Ada MP1

There are others but these are the ones I recall most through the years.

So I noticed in my FET Boost the settings have changed. Here is what I have when I go into the advanced tab. Is the Clip Shape the "Clip Hardness"

Attachments

• 1635859646798.png
    1635859646798.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 52
I’m pretty sure they also said they’d never do shimmer reverbs either because you can build one yourself from different blocks. But here we are, shimmerin away

Hope one day the Klon enters the fold.. its such a distinct sound and I've never been able to dial it in quite like the real thing. I have a klon here (a kind friend lent his to me on) and a handful of klones. The original really is special. But I'd gladly settle for a tumnus :D

I agree this one is the closest to my tumnus.

Back
Top Bottom