Dual CLR’s or Dual Powercab 112 plus? Help me decide...🤔

Thanks for all the feedback here guys. Really appreciate all the input & opinions.

Today I ordered 2 x F12-x200 speakers from a supplier in US. Even with ridiculous freight, they still came out cheaper than NZ supplier who only had 1 unit in stock.

While I wait for those to arrive, I’m planning out a home DIY project to make two 212 vertical cabs which I plan to run the F12’s in the top position and eventually add some different cream backs / greenbacks in lower position which will pair with my TC50 and recto 212. The home made 212’s will have separate compartments so they are independent between top and bottom with the F12 top position closed back and ported according to Celestion requirements. Kind of like the pic of the stage hog below but with the ported baffle on top position for the F12-x200’s.

Will make a separate 5RU rack case for the Ax FX and Matrix GT1000 2RU.

Very excited to go this route. Will give loads of options...
Plus will cost me less than 2 CLR’s 😊

Someone should send a CLR Neo Mk2 to Beringher (or Aliexpress) and tell them “this is what the Guitar modeler market wants and needs... for $599, make it happen! Your logo on every stage, bedroom, studio and mancave!” (hint hint FAS, I’d pay more for your logo)

Someone should send a CLR Neo Mk2 to Beringher (or Aliexpress) and tell them “this is what the Guitar modeler market wants and needs... for $599, make it happen! Your logo on every stage, bedroom, studio and mancave!” (hint hint FAS, I’d pay more for your logo)
So true. Sure it can be done. Unfortunately Atomic are losing market despite a brilliant product by all accounts. I would have purchased 2 CLR’s but just chose the F12-x200 and matrix option.

Stereo CLRs in a W/D/W configuration with a real guitar cab as the dry brings a whole new level to modelers in my opinion.

Quick update...look what arrived in the mail yesterday...😊

Got two f12-X200’s and a bunch of hardware for the cabs I’m planning to build from Amplified Parts in Tempe AZ. Took literally 5 days to my door in NZ which is pretty outstanding given the pandemic. Including shipping I saved money compared to purchasing locally. Love the prices in the US. Now I just need to shop for the power amp - most likely Matrix GT1000fx 2U...

Attachments

• 39DBD917-7EAB-48D5-98A4-13EE32ED45A1.jpeg
    39DBD917-7EAB-48D5-98A4-13EE32ED45A1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
I was fortunate to be able to bag a couple of CLRs before they just about completely dried up. The PowerCab sounded like it had a blanket over it in comparison.

Thanks for all the feedback here guys. Really appreciate all the input & opinions.

Today I ordered 2 x F12-x200 speakers from a supplier in US. Even with ridiculous freight, they still came out cheaper than NZ supplier who only had 1 unit in stock.

While I wait for those to arrive, I’m planning out a home DIY project to make two 212 vertical cabs which I plan to run the F12’s in the top position and eventually add some different cream backs / greenbacks in lower position which will pair with my TC50 and recto 212. The home made 212’s will have separate compartments so they are independent between top and bottom with the F12 top position closed back and ported according to Celestion requirements. Kind of like the pic of the stage hog below but with the ported baffle on top position for the F12-x200’s.

Will make a separate 5RU rack case for the Ax FX and Matrix GT1000 2RU.

Very excited to go this route. Will give loads of options...
That's a very innovative cab design! I've never seen one like it. I'll be interested to hear how your cabinet project comes out. I may have to try something similar sometime. I've been very curious how the F12-X200 speakers would work out.

That's a very innovative cab design! I've never seen one like it. I'll be interested to hear how your cabinet project comes out. I may have to try something similar sometime. I've been very curious how the F12-X200 speakers would work out.
Yeah - I’m pretty keen to jump into it as a project - may be terrible but could be a pleasant surprise waiting for me

I was fortunate to be able to bag a couple of CLRs before they just about completely dried up. The PowerCab sounded like it had a blanket over it in comparison.
Thanks Knaggster. I was hoping to avoid the blanket. Despite their ubiquitous availability - they seem to be a compromise by all accounts...glad to have the guidance of this forum before lashing out the cash.

Purchased the GT1000fx today. I had some issues with my credit card and Andy got it sorted. What a great guy! As I live outside US, he’s giving it a decent soak over the WE before sending on Monday. All the pieces are coming together.

Back
Top Bottom